Chapter 38.

LISA

"Lisa..."

"Lisa!!"

I opened my eyes at the sight of one blonde and one with dark hair.

"Lisa!!!"

I scratched my eyes to clearly see who was calling me. "Chaeng? Jisoo unnie?"

"How are you? How's your sister?" the blonde asked.

I helped myself to sit up on the bench where I slept. I must be tired that I overslept in the waiting area of the hospital.

"Where's Jennie? I thought she was here?" Jisoo unnie asked.

"I don't know." I'm stretching my arms as it feels numb up to my back.

"You can go home. Let us look after your sister, okay?" Chaeng sat next to me and caressed my back.

I nodded. "Thank you Chaeng. I'll go find Jennie first."

"Okay."

:

:

I found Jennie in the cafeteria looking from afar while sipping her coffee. She seems to be thinking deeply.

"Hey." I went to her, waving my hands in front of her face, to then sit in the opposite seat.

"How's Aria?" She asked.

"Still in the ICU. Her doctor said she's getting stable. Thanks to Director Bae."

"We're lucky she's compatible." Jennie heaved a sigh.

"How did you know you and Aria are match before the doctor tested you?"

"Uhm... When I'm processing her papers to bring her here in Korea. I noticed we have the same blood type." she sipped her coffee.

"And you and your sister has the same blood type?" I added.

"No. But hers is compatible."

"I see. I really wish I could help too."

"You helped enough." She intertwined my hands and kissed the back of my palms.

I scoffed. "You really grew fond of her, huh? I don't think people can risk their life for someone not related to them."

"You have no idea. She calls me mommy, right? How can I be a mom to her if I wouldn't do it?"

"You can make a good mom." I chuckled.

"You should go home. I saw you snoring at the bench and I don't want to bother waking you up. I'll look after Aria."

"You should go home too. Chaeng and Jisoo was up there looking after her."

"Is that so? I guess I should come with you."

:

:

After showering and changing my clothes, I got back to the hospital while Jennie went to the company to manage some businesses for a while. Director Bae also visited and she's with me looking at Aria from the glass window of the ICU.

"Irene." A man called the director that got both our attention. It's Mr. Yun, walking towards us.

"I heard you are in the hospital, I wonder what happened?" he asked.

"Aria got into an accident, Sir. Just after I brought her the dinner you bought for us." I replied instead.

"Oh No! The little one. How is she right now, Lisa?"

"She's getting better, Sir. At least that's what the doctor said."

"And Jennie? I'm not seeing her. Have you two make up?"