Chapter 62.

"Aria is yours."

"Yes, she is. I always thought of her as mine. But Jennie, what I mean is, us, doing the procedure together to have a child. I'm ready right now. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

"We've done it, Lisa. And it was Aria."

Lisa was taken aback. She stepped further away, furrowing her brows.

"W-we didn't do a procedu—"

"You're unconscious." I cut her off. That's it. I'm finally telling her the truth.

"W-what do you mean? I never had amnesia, Jennie. For sure I will remember it well if we undergo a procedure or something. Didn't you and Franc—"

"No!" I exclaimed. "I don't want to hear his name again."

"Jennie, he is in jail because of it."

"And he deserves it! He assaulted and harassed me! I hate remembering it. He disgusted me. He raped me. He thought I was mom."

"So Aria was his."

I shook my head and said, 'No'. "Let me finish, Lisa."

"My head was hollow and I couldn't even remember what exactly happened. I was covered with fear. And all I think about is you. How am I able to look at you the same way? How am I able to make myself clean in front of you again? I was humiliated. I'm afraid to tell it to anybody, especially you." There were a bit of tears in my eyes, but I quickly wiped them out. I don't want Lisa to take pity on me.

"So I want to reclaim myself. I want to have a child with you quickly. But given our situation, I know it's not easy. But if there's anything that can grow inside of me, I want it to be yours. And yours only. So I consulted a doctor in secret." I paused before I continued.

"I still don't get it." Lisa's face crunched in confusion.

I took a moment to let her grasp what I just said before I continued. It's hard for me to remember what happened that night, but it will help Lisa understand everything.

"Like I said, my head was hollow that night. It went blank. I didn't know if he did it inside me. He was badly drunk, too. So I'm not sure, but I didn't hesitate to undergo a procedure. I just badly want whatever he did to be undone. If that even makes sense. I don't know Lisa."

I am getting frustrated, but seeing Lisa's reaction, she looks lost, and she deserves to know everything. No matter how hard it is for me to remember it,

"That doctor we met yesterday, she's the one who made the procedure for us. I drugged you. Put you to sleep, made you numb, just long enough until we finished the egg retrieval so it can be planted in my womb. It was illegally done, because you weren't aware of it. It almost cost the doctor her license to operate, but I was able to convince her well. Though it wasn't guaranteed to be a success, I still decided to proceed. After the procedure, we agreed that we pretend it never happened. I wasn't even planning to tell you anyway."

"When I got pregnant, I don't know if it was yours or his. But every time I look at my stomach, I always get reminded of that night. I was praying every night that it was yours because I don't think I will be able to accept that child if it's not." I continued explaining.

"But... the DNA test. Irene did the test, and it was positive. I've seen the results. That means Aria is—"

"I altered it." I cut her off again. "I tripled the price Irene offered to the lab. I couldn't regain my memory back then, and I wasn't aware what that DNA was for."

"So why?"

"I was suspicious that you and my sister were cheating at that time, so I had both of you followed. I learned that Irene went to a lab after she landed from Bangkok, so I went there too. The lab technicians told me everything after I paid them."