Chapter 42.

JENNIE

My father didn't believe me when I told him that I am married to Lisa. He said, I'm just making it up so I can be free with her. So he is still forcing me to marry Jiyong.

I also made up my mind to resign as Chairman after the event. Of course, that was a long discussion with my father. But I'm not gonna change my mind anymore.

Lisa has been ignoring me since she learned what I did to her work at Dispatch. I've been trying to explain to her, but she's been avoiding me since.

"How is Lisa? Is it true? She's the Dispatch photographer that stalked you?" My mother snapped me out of my thoughts as she sipped her coffee while we were sitting on the patio. I visited her in the mansion while my father isn't here and maybe she can help me.

"She's alright, mom. But she's still ignoring me. I know I was wrong. But my intentions are good."

"Jennie, we raised you so that you can get whatever you want, while Lisa came from a humble family and has to work hard for what she has. You have to understand that what you did was too much. Don't forget that she signed the NDA. Both you and Dispatch did her wrong for breaking that contract."

"I know mom. I regreted what I did. But if I didn't do that, her and I will never meet." I said, sipping my coffee. My mother just sighed heavily.

"I heard your father wanted to marry you to GD. I'm sorry I forgot his name."

"I'm not marrying anyone, mom."

"I know. I made a wrong decision before when I married Franco. I won't let you do the same."

"I'm sure uncle Franco told dad about Lisa working at Dispatch. Don't you think? He has connections to see where Lisa previously worked."

"Can be. And I'm still worried that Franco hasn't changed. I felt uneasy everytime your father go out with him. I know they are friends, but I refused to believe that he has a good intentions."

"What do you mean?"

"I think Franco is doing all of these to get to your father and our family. He still thinks that James stole me and Irene from him. Your father only favors him because he still feels guilty."

"Why did you divorce him in first place, mom?"

"He became abusive, he made me quit my job as a model. I want to protect your sister, so I filed a divorce and ran away. I moved to New Zealand where James found me. I begged him not to tell his best friend, and he agreed. We made a new life there. James treats Irene like his own daughter. We were happy. That's where you were born. And when we came back to Korea, Franco's company was bankrupt. Your father helped him in exchange for my freedom. He signed our divorce papers and after that, me and your father got married. Franco has always been on James' side since then. At first I thought he just wanted to gain Irene's love once again, but I noticed that he's just using your sister to gain advantage from your father. He's asking too much funds for his company, but James couldn't say 'no' because he still feels guilty."

"That's why Irene unnie still hates him."

"Your sister never gets closed to Franco anymore. Irene was traumatized how abusive her father was. He's only in our life because of guilt your father have." My mother added.

"And he want to ruin us." I said. "He even involved Lisa and Aria with his issues in our family. He's beyond the worst." I added, lowering my voice.

:

:

LISA

I just needed some space to think away from Jennie so I kept ignoring her. It's been a long time since I worked at Dispatch and it's nothing to me anymore. It's a relief that Jennie already knows, but it is still disappointing that she made me fired and worked for her. I felt played.