Chapter 34.

JENNIE

I was walking back and forth in my office, restless since last night. I couldn't tell anything to Lisa either; for sure she'd ask too much and worry. Aria has been referring to Franco's secretary who almost took her back when we were in Thailand. I was scared. Now it's not just Lisa that I have to protect. We have Aria as well.

"Chairman..."

I was snapped out of my trance when Chaeng called me. She's inside my office and her brows are furrowed, looking at me.

"Ms. Park."

"Chairman, are you alright?"

I nodded. Of course, I'm not. "What is it Ms. Park?"

"You have a meeting, chairman. The boards has been calling you. Did Lisa haven't told you your schedule today?"

"No. I haven't seen her yet. Wait. She's not in her desk?" My eyes squinted.

"I-I thought she's in your office, chairman."

Chaeng and I both looked confused at each other. As usual, Lisa didn't come with me in the car and took her bike to get to the office, instead. She usually comes first, and welcomes me with breakfast on my table, but since I'm occupied thinking about Aria, I didn't think about it.

"Ms. Park, can you do me a favor and looked for her? Call her if you may."

"I will chairman."

I get out of my office to attend the meeting. I should be prioritizing my family for now, but I have to keep my power and show myself to the boards. They've been losing trust in me recently.

I also called Jisoo unnie along the way and told her to go to our house and look after Aria. Though I put bodyguards outside our unit and scattered security on our building, I still want to make sure.

The accident happened in Thailand, 7 years ago was planned. Someone tried to kill my wife at that time, so I had to leave her. And now we're together, for sure they will come after her again. That horrible accident, cost me my wife's memory and my daughter. Aria. No one has to know who Aria is not until I get the evidence to serve me justice.

:

:

FLASHBACK

"Jennie, you have to come home."

"No dad! You brought me here and now that I'm starting to love this place, you're asking me to go home?!" The feline sitting on the bench exclaimed, talking to her phone.

"You're not safe there anymore. We've been receiving threats for you."

"No! You're lying. You just want me to go home. I'm safe here. I want to live here in Thailand and start a new life. That's what I want dad."

"You can't Jennie, your my heiress. It's not that easy."

"Irene unnie can do it."

"But you are my first born. You will go home and that's an order! Or else, I will cut your credit cards."

"Do what you want dad. I'm not coming home." Jennie ended the call and slammed the phone on the ground.

"If you will just throw your phone, give it to me. Not everyone can afford an Iphone, you know." Lisa saw the feline sulking, so she took a seat beside her.

"I still need that phone. I can't replace that anymore. My father is cutting off my credit cards." The feline then grabbed her phone from the ground.

The Thai scoffed. "I guess Jennie Kim is a brat no more."