Chapter 40.

LISA

"Eat this, so you get stronger." I was feeding Aria a soup while Jennie was outside talking to her doctor.

I was alone in her room last night and was fixing myself on the couch when I heard a groan from the little girl. She was slowly opening her eyes and was forcing herself to move. When I insure that Aria's vitals are alright, that's when I called Jennie.

"Where's mom?" Aria asked in her weak voice.

"She's outside, she'll come here soon." I stroke her hair and put down the bowl on the bedside table. "How are you feeling?"

"Hungry."

"Aria. Baby, mommy is here." Jennie came inside unannounced and stood by my side as she held the girl's hand. "You scared me. You know that?"

"Sorry mom." She forced a smile.

"Get well soon, baby. Mommy has to ask you something."

"Jen." I lowered my voice as I turned to her and she was taken aback.

I know she wanted to ask Aria about how her accident happened and how Franco's secretary was involved in this. But Aria might get traumatized when we force her to remember.

"I'm sorry." As if she read my mind, Jennie stopped herself.

"You're not fighting anymore?" Aria butted in with her hoarse voice.

"Not anymore, baby." She shook her head. "We will go home once you get well. Be strong alright?"

The girl nodded.

:

:

Me and Jennie talked to Aria's doctor; he said that she could go home within this week. They are still monitoring her and so far, she's getting better. She is sleeping in her room right now while I stayed outside to convince Jennie to work in her office. She's been insisting on looking after Aria, but the company event is nearing, so I don't want her to stress out.

"I have staff that can work for that. I just needed some time off until Aria gets discharged." She said.

"An hour. I'll give you an hour to stay. But you have to work after that, okay?"

"Okay." She smiled and pulled me in for a hug. "This is why I love you." She moved her head back a little to land her lips against mine, but our kiss was cut short when a call interrupted us.

"Jennie." Jennie's mother came along with Mr. Kim and they were heading to us. "We heard Aria is awake. How is she?"

"She's alright, mom. She's sleeping right now."

Mrs. Kim entered the room in relief while her father remained standing in front of us.

"I heard you banned Franco and his secretary from entering the hospital, is this true?" Mr. Kim added.

She did?  I'm confused. Why?

"Yes dad. I just want to limit the people coming in and out of Aria's room. She's still Lisa's sister and I want that privacy to her."

"Are you sure that's the reason?" He creased his forehead and gazed at me. Which I found odd. Did I do something wrong?

Jennie just nodded in response, and held my hand, intertwining our fingers. Shortly after, Mr. Kim also went inside Aria's room.

That feels strange. I thought he liked me. So I have no idea what went wrong.

"Hon, I think it's alright if we let Mr. Yun visit. He's been kind to me and Aria." I said, turning to Jennie.