Chapter 1

y/n Bennet and Elizabeth Bennet walk through a field of tall meadow grass. She is reading a novel entitled 'First Impressions'. They walk past the back of the house where, through an open window to the library, we see her mother and father, Mr and Mrs Bennet.

—-------------------

Mrs. Bennet :My dear Mr Bennet, have you heard that Netherfield Park is let at last?

*we overheard them talking as we walk inside*

Mrs. Bennet : Do you not want to know who has taken it?

Mr. Bennet : As you wish to tell me, I doubt I have any choice in the matter...

*we say Lydia and Kitty eavesdropping the door where papa and mama are in and that Jane was coming*

y/n : *whispering* What do you think they're talking about?

Lizzie : Let's find out.

*WHISPERING*

Lizzie : Lydi. Kitty. What have I told you about listening at the door?

y/n : what's going on? *to Kitty and Lydia*

Lydia : Never mind that. This is Mr Bingley, right from the North.

Kitty :  With five thousand a year!

Lizzie : Really?

Lydia & Kitty : And he's SINGLE!

*Jane comes and joins us at the door*

Jane : Who's single?

y/n : A Mr. Bingley apparently.

Kitty : SHHHH!

-----------*we continue listening until papa comes and open the door* -----------

Mrs. Bennet : Good heavens. People. *walking to the drawing room*

y/n : *chuckled quietly, enjoying papa's humour*

Mrs. Bennet : You must go and visit him at once. For we may not visit if you do not, as you well know Mr. Bennet.

Lydia : you're listening, you'll never listen.

Kitty : You must papa.

Mrs. Bennet : At once.

Mr. Bennet : *stopping inside the drawing room, turning to face the ladies* There's no need. I already have.

Mrs. Bennet : You have?!

Jane : When?

y/n : Nice one papa. You nearly give mama a heart attack. *giggling along with papa and lizzie who heard. While the others seem to be enjoying the new news, jumping excitedly in the drawing room*

Mrs. Bennet : y/n, that is not funny. Ohh, Mr. Bennet, how can you tease me, Mr Bennet. You have no compassion for my poor nerves?

Mrs. Bennet : You mistake me, my dear. I have a high respect for them; they are my constant companions these twenty years.

*Mary walks in joining everyone*

Mary : Papa.

Mrs. Bennet : Is he amiable?

Mary : Who?

Kitty : Is he handsome?

Mary : Who?

Lydia : He's sure to be handsome.

Lizzie : With five thousand a year, it would not matter if he had a big pink face.

*y/n walks up to Mary to give her the information she missed*

y/n : apparently a Mr. Bingley from the North came to Netherfield Park, single and makes five thousand a year.

Mary : thank you y/n, you always help me.

y/n : My pleasure. What are sisters for. *walking to the couch next to Lizzie*

Lydia :  So will he come to the ball tomorrow?

Mrs. Bennet : I believe so.

*Lydia and Kitty shriek with excitement. And everyone is discussing what to wear. y/n and Lizzie just laughing at them of how excited they are*

y/n : Must I go too papa? (knowing full well the answer to it)

Mr. Bennet : you know the answer y/n.  *amused at y/n's attempt*

y/n : well, it's worth a try. *chuckling along with lizzie and papa*

.... (to be continued)....