Chapter 3_ Mingle(continuation of Cht.2)

Ms. Bennet : Mr Bennet, you must introduce him to the girls immediately.

*Mr. Bennet just nods along*

Lizzie : *telling Jane* Smile at Mr Bingley. Smile.

y/n : Yes Jane, smile and show him off your pearl white teeth.

*laughing at my own joke, as they did too*

—-------- Mama walked towards us and dragged us while also dragging Mary on the way as well.-------

Sir William Lucas arrives with Darcy and the Bingley's to introduce his daughter Charlotte and the Bennet family. Behind them the music and dancing re-start where they left off.

Sir William : (to Mr Bingley) My eldest daughter you know, Mrs Bennet, Miss Jane Bennet, Elizabeth, y/n and Miss Mary Bennet.

MRS BENNET: It is a pleasure. I have two others but they are already dancing.

Mr Bingley is transfixed by Jane and gazes openly at her.

Mr. Bingley : Delighted to make your acquaintance.

Sir William : And may I introduce Mr Darcy of Pemberley, in Derbyshire!

*All of us curtsy (except Papa, of course) but got nothing in return from Mr.Darcy*

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moments later. Lizzie is standing in a small group with Jane, Bingley, Miss Bingley and Darcy.

Jane : How do you like it here in Hertfordshire, Mr Bingley?

Mr. Bingley : (smiling at Jane shyly) Very much.

Lizzie : The library at Netherfield, I've heard, is one of the finest in the country.

Mr. Bingley : Yes, it fills me with guilt.

He looks at Jane and a little blush starts around his collar.

Mr. Bingley : Not a good reader, you see. I prefer being out of doors. I mean, I can read, of course and, and I'm not suggesting you can't read outdoors - of course

Jane : I wish I could read more, but there always seems to be so many other things to do.

Mr. Bingley: That's exactly what I meant.

He beams at Jane, gratefully.

—---------The first dance ends. Lydia and Kitty rush past in a state of high excitement.---------

Lydia : Mama! You will never ever ever ever believe what I'm about to tell you!

Mr. Bennet : You've decided to take the veil?

Lydia ignores him.

Mrs. Bennet : Tell me quickly, my love

Lydia : ( shrieking) The regiments are coming!

Mrs Bennet shrieks too. Mr Bennet winces.

Kitty : They're to be stationed the whole winter! Stationed in the village, just right there!

Now all three Bennet females shriek and Lydia actually jumps up and down.

Mr Bingley turns to Jane.

Mr Bingley : May I have the honour?

---------to be continued-----------------------