Chapter 2 _ The Ball

Lydia and kitty are already dancing, and mama enjoying her time. y/n, Lizzie, Jane and our good friend Charlotte are on the side having a good chat.

Lizzie : Well, if every man in this room does not end the evening completely in love with you then I am no judge of beauty.

Jane : or Men.

*we all laughed*

y/n : Agreed. But I'd have to also include you, Lizzie and Charlotte to that list of beautiful women that everyone would, and should be completely in love with.

Lizzie : Come now y/n, you flatter me too much and I wouldn't exclude yourself. Have you ever stood in front of a mirror?

y/n : (answering Jane) Oh, they are far too easy to judge.

Jane : They are not all bad.

y/n : Humourless poppycocks, in my limited experience.

Lizzie : Right you are, my y/n.

*y/n and Lizzie chuckling at their own humour*

Jane : One of these days, you two , someone will catch your eye and then you'll have to watch your tongue.

y/n : I doubt that day would ever come. But do keep dreaming the impossible, my dear Jane. *speaking in a joking but a matter of fact tone*

------------------the scene then shows the dance floor where people were mingling and dancing happily until Mr. Bingley, Ms. Bingley and Mr. Darcy entered the room. then not a moment after everyone went quiet knowing now that they are in the presence of them. Everyone cleared a path for them to pass through. --------------

Lizzie : So which of the painted peacocks is our Mr Bingley?

Charlotte : He is on the right, and on the left is his sister.

*y/n and Lizzie asked at the same time*

y/n : And the person with the quizzical brow?

Lizzie : And the person with the disagreeable expression?

Charlotte : That is his good friend, Mr Darcy.

y/n : He seems miserable, poor soul.

Lizzie : I agree

Charlotte : Miserable may be, but poor he most certainly is not.

Lizzie : Tell us.

Charlotte: Ten thousand a year and he owns half of Derbyshire.

y/n : the miserable half?

*y/n joked, and they laughed, even Jane giggled quietly*

—--------------- The ballroom is still silent and everyone is trying to get a glimpse of the 3 peacocks, as Lizzie mentioned. As they passed by people curtsy, and as they passed us, after the curtsy, I caught a glimpse of Mr.Darcy looking here but quickly turned. —----------

y/n : *whispered to Lizzie* I think you might have caught a certain thick browed peacock, dear Lizzie. *chuckling at my own joke*

Lizzie : *whispering back* That is most definitely untrue, he's probably looking your way. With your beauty you could get any man's attention with a single cough.

........to be continued........