Chapter 24_Lady Catherine {Again XD}

It was Night time and the Bennett estate was suddenly disturbed by horse carriage sound approaching then continues banging on the door. 

Mr. Bennett : Coming! (opens the door) Yes?

Y/n & Lizzie : Lady Catherine. 

Y/n & Lizzie curtsy then followed with the rest. 

Lady Catherine : The Rest of your offspring, I presume. 

Mrs Bennett : All but one, the youngest has been lately married, Your Ladyship. And my eldest was proposed to, only this afternoon.

Lady Catherine : You have a very small garden, madam. 

Mr Bennett  : Could I offer you a cup of tea perhaps?

Lady Catherine :  Absolutely not. I need to speak to Miss Y/n Bennett alone. As a matter of urgency.

---------------------------------------

Lady Catherine :  You can be at no loss, Miss Bennett, to understand why I am here.

Y/n : Indeed you are mistaken. I cannot account for this honour at all. 

Lady Catherine : Miss Bennett, I warn you, I am not to be trifled with. A report of a most alarming nature has reached me that you intend to united with my nephew, Mr Darcy. I know this to be a scandalous falsehood, though not wishing to injure him by supposing it possible, I instantly set off to make my sentiments known. 

Y/n : If you believed it to be impossible, I wonder you took the trouble of coming so far. 

Lady Catherine : to hear it contradictory, Miss Bennett. 

Y/n : your coming will be rather a confirmation, surely, if indeed such a report exists. 

Lady Catherine : If?! Do you then pretend to be ignorant of it? Has it not been industriously circulated by yourself?

Y/n : I have never heard of it! 

Lady Catherine : And can you declare there is no foundation for it?

Y/n : I do not pretend to possess equal frankness with your ladyship. You may ask a question which I may choose not to answer. 

Lady Catherine :   This is not to be borne. Has my nephew made you an offer of marriage?

 Y/n : Your Ladyship has declared it to be impossible. 

Lady Catherine : Let me be understood. Mr Darcy is engaged to my daughter. Now, what have you to say?

Y/n : Only this. If that is the case, you can have no reason to suppose he would make an offer to me. 

Lady Catherine : You selfish girl ! This union has been planned since their infancy. Do you think it can be prevented by a young woman of inferior birth, whose own sister's elopement resulted in a scandalously patched-up marriage only achieved at the expenses of your uncle? Heaven and Earth, are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted? Now, tell me once and for all are you engaged to him?