Chapter 16_Lady Catherine <Devil in prada of Pride & Prejudice XD🤣>

Lizzie sitting on a swing that she had twisted before hand and is now spinning slowly just enjoying sound of the animals and being in her head, While Y/n, was standing leaning on the arch wall with her blank book and pencil.

Y/n has a hobby of sketching and writing poems you see, though not a master as any she enjoys it as a way of escaping reality. Though she does not show to anyone, maybe a few to lizzie but only a few.

---------------------------------------------

From a distance Charlotte can be seen walking up to the two girls. Lizzie being the first to notice..

Lizzie : Charlotte!

Y/n : *looked up from her book* Oh Charlotte, how good to see you.

Charlotte : My dear Lizzie, and my dear Y/n. I've come here to tell you the news. Mr Collins and I are... engaged.

Lizzie : Engaged?

Charlotte : Yes.

Y/n : To be married?

Charlotte : Yes of course Y/n. What other kind of engaged is there?

[Lizzie and Y/n looked lost and conflicted.]

Charlotte : For heaven's sake, Lizzie, don't look at me like that. There's no earthly reason that I shouldn't be as happy with him as any other.

Lizzie : But he's ridiculous.

Charlotte : Oh, hush. Not all of us can afford to be romantic. I've been offered a comfortable home and protection. There's a lot to be thankful for.

Y/n : Charlotte... *feeling sad for her friend.*

Charlotte : I'm 27 years old. I've no money and no prospects. I'm already a burden to my parents. And I'm frightened. So don't judge me, Lizzie. Don't you dare judge me. *softly looking at Y/n* And Y/n, please don't pity me.

—————————————————

Dear Charlotte,

thank you for your letter. I'm glad the house, furniture and roads are to your taste, and that Lady Catherine's behaviour is friendly and obliging. What with your departure, Jane's to London and the militia to the North with the colourful Mr Wickham, I must confess, the view from where I sit has been rather grey. As for the favour you ask, it is no favour at all. I am certain that me and Y/n would be happy to visit you at your earliest convenience.

Yours,

Lizzie

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you for your letter. I am really glad that you are enjoying your new home. I'd like to inform you of what seem to be my poor manner when you told us about your news you were so excited to tell both me and Lizzie. I Am really happy for you as you are and I hope you are satisfied and happy. As for the favour you ask, it is no favour at all. Me and Lizzie would be more than happy to visit you at your earliest convenience.

Yours,

Y/n

———————————————————