Chapter 33: Food Broadcast

Humans are sometimes very contradictory animals. The more they can't eat high-calorie foods in the middle of the night, the more they want it. After Tang Qiaoqiao finished making scallion chicken and stuffed lotus roots, she wanted to add a dessert—candied sweet potatoes.

She washed the two sweet potatoes and cut them into pieces. She put them in the hot oil leftover from the lotus root and fry it over medium-to-low heat until the surface of the sweet potatoes is golden brown. She removed it from the oil when chopsticks can pierce through the sweet potatoes.

The most important thing about candied sweet potatoes is controlling the heat when making caramel. The sugar can't be taken out from the heat too early, but it will be bitter and sticky if it's taken out too late.

Tang Qiaoqiao started a new frying pan, poured the sugar, heat it with low heat, and simmered slowly. She stirred gently to prevent the bottom from sticking to the pan. When the sugar becomes light brown and has dense small bubbles, the caramel is ready.

Then she poured the sweet potatoes into the pan so that each piece of sweet potato is evenly covered with caramel.

Tang Qiaoqiao moved the mobile phone and the live broadcast to the living room. Before, she would basically turn off the camera after cooking. Today, she will not only cook dishes but also will do the recently popular food broadcast.

Tender chicken with scallion oil, salt and pepper stuffed lotus root, sweet potatoes croquembouche, and a bowl of beef balls noodle soup, neatly placed on the table.

Tang Qiaoqiao adjusted the angle to ensure that she and the four dishes could enter the screen.

【Qiao Bao is going to start mukbang at night? The heat is going to explode】

【Why is Qiaoqiao so energetic? Aren't you sleepy?】

【Sleep sleep. What I've got are just instant noodles. Or should I order food after?】

Tang Qiaoqiao is now seated and said with a sweet smile, "Many of you are already lying in bed. But I can not sleep, so I would rather have a live broadcast and chat with you."

"Okay, let's eat."

Tang Qiaoqiao's first bite was the candied sweet potatoes. This dish should be eaten while it's hot. The lumpy sweet potatoes were piled into a hill, wrapped in a crystal clear caramel coating. The sweet potatoes inside the caramel were glowing with golden color.

"I will pull a sweet potato for you to see."

She picked up a piece of sweet potato and lightly pulled it apart. The caramel created a thin strand of silk that could be pulled for half a meter long. The thinnest part was like a strand of hair, but it is still unbroken.

She put the sweet potatoes in her mouth.

"Crunch..."

The microphone clearly captured the crunchy sound of sugar-coating and passed the sound into everyone's ears in the live broadcast room.

"The skin is crispy, and the sweet potato is soft and very sweet," Tang Qiaoqiao commented as she ate, "Just out of the fryer, so it's still a bit hot inside."

【Remove it. I can't stand it anymore】

【It's so crispy. Those sweet potatoes look so delicious as soon as it is taken out from the pot】

【My god, it makes people sleepless】

【Voice welfare. Qiaoqiao's voice is so good】

"Next, let's try the chicken with scallion." The chicken with scallion is very tender after steamed. The cooking method fully retains the original flavor of the chicken. The hot scallion oil was poured back and forth on the chicken skin repeatedly, which adds a special scallion fragrance to the chicken. It is fresh and mellow and has an endless aftertaste.