FORTY - AGENT COULSON

Sasha was leant against the wall, almost slumped to her feet with her arms cradling her midsection, panting desperately as the adrenaline masked the intense pain of multiple broken ribs.

Blood was seeping from the side of her head and had mixed with tears and sweat, though tears of pure relief as she stared at the body of her captor laying lifeless on the cold ground by her feet, a handgun swaying in a loose grip between her fingertips.

Sasha wasn't sure how long the ordeal had been going on for, feeling like only a couple of seconds had passed between the warehouse being stormed, being driven to another location, and firing a bullet into the man that had held the very same barrel of the very same gun to her own head.

It turned out that Sean and his men that worked for Obadiah Stane weren't the only ones reaching for the intel that Tony Stark's mind produced.

A group of five men ambushed the warehouse earlier that evening, taking out three of the five men Sean had roped in to working alongside him. Sean and one other had managed to eliminate three of the opposition, a ruckus unfolding before Sasha's eyes as she watched the four men fight amongst themselves, smashing into computers and crushing technology beneath the soles of their feet.

When Sean had floored the two other men, he made sure grab the hard drive and toss the rest of the memory cards into a pile on the ground, dropping a match over a coating of gasoline before grabbing Sasha with such force the handcuffs snapped from her wrists, throwing her in the back of a blacked out van.

Sasha didn't know whether the haze of a fight had made Sean's eyes blurry and his mind unstable, but she had no issue spotting the pistol fall from the waistband of his jeans into her lap as he slammed the doors closed and hopped into the drivers seat, the other man following close behind.

She was exhausted, drained both physically and mentally, however after being jolted awake by what felt like a war raging out of nowhere five feet away from her face, Sasha had never been more awake.

She slipped the gun into the inside pocket of her jacket, her hands shaking as she felt the weight of it, the cold metal against her ribs. There was a small split in the side of the van and for the first time since she'd been taken, Sasha was able to look out at the sky. She saw the moon and the stars pass her by as the van sped down the street, a breeze washing over her face that she bathed in with a sigh of relief, burying herself in a moment of true peace in the midst of a nightmare.

She was pulled from the back of the van with the same force that had thrown her there, stumbling to her feet as the grip on her forearm was sure to leave harsh marks, her heart racing faster and faster as she tried her best to take in her surroundings before the door to the new building was slammed shut, plunging the three of them into oblivion.

Sasha stayed in the corner she'd been dropped in, her back flat against the wall as she watched Sean and the other man argue between themselves. She had no idea how many bullets were in the chamber, if any at all, which made deciding when the best time to attempt to save her own life was, very difficult.

"Are you insane?" Sean shouted at the other man, pushing him with balled fists into his chest, making him fall to the ground, "I told you to station Lamar on the corner, did you not fucking listen to me?"

"I-I did, I told him, I'm sure of it. There's no way they could've got past him unless-"

"I can't work with idiots, I'm sorry. You're out."

"Sean plea-"

Sasha jumped, covering her mouth with both hands as her eyes widened in horror when Sean emptied his chamber into the body of man at his feet, the floor soon turning a viscus crimson that pooled around him, covering the soles of his shoes.