8. Shoreline

September 24th, 2020

I let the last two shots sink in. I stumbled out of the bar. The sun burned my eyes. Everything looked so odd and swirly. I leaned against the building for a little bit.

I heard my phone buzz. That shit is really starting to piss me off. I sloppily pulled out my phone and looked. It was Heeseung. I suddenly stood up straight, my heart beginning to beat pretty fast.

Heeseung
Jay went to ask you if you wanted to eat lunch and you werent in your room. We are at the restaurant across the hotel. He wants you to join...unless you're drunk again.

My legs felt like jelly after my eyes had scanned his words. I felt so horrible that I couldnt join because I was drunk. I dont know what took over me but...tears began to fall from my eyes.

I'm such a horrible person. I moved into the small alley between the bar and some other building. I sat down and just cried. Why was I like this? Why did I have to constantly disappoint people?

My parents, Haena, Dabin, and now Jay. Maybe even Heeseung. Well actually...probably all of boys. I sat there crying for about 15 minutes. Being drunk and crying in an alley is not really ideal.

I was able to grab hold of my composure, wiping my salty tears. My hands were shaky as I grabbed my phone to answer Heeseung. I took a deep breath, restricting my tears.

Me
I'm sorry.

Then I shut my phone off and stared at the wall infront of me, my tears stainging my drunken face. I placed a hand on my head, gripping my hair. There was no way I was going to be sober anytime soon but that's all I wanted.

A few more tears slipped from my eyes but I wiped them quickly and contained myself. I sat there for god knows how long just staring at a wall infront of me with stained tears on my face and uneasy vision.

I heard feet approaching. I scooted more into the valley so the shade could cover me more. It was Jay, Sunoo, and Heeseung. "Where could she be? We've looked almost everywhere!" Sunoo exclaimed.

"Wait. Maybe we should call her." Jay suggested, coming to a halt right infront of the alley entrance. "Call her? It's not like she would verbally answer." Sunoo pointed out. "Right. But maybe we could hear her phone ringing?" Jay added.

Sunoo shrugged. Jay pulled out his phone and typed something in. Then my phone started to ring. I froze and so did they. Time felt slow as they turned around and squinted their eyes to see into the alley.

I scrambled to stand up, wiping my stained tears to make it look like I hadn't cried. "Jeongmi what are you doing in this alley? It's dangerous you know!" Sunoo exclaimed, running to me and helping me stand.

I suddenly felt awake. I had a tight grip on my phone, not sure of what to do. I looked at Heeseung, he looked displeased and unamused. Jay walked up to me. He also looked disappointed. I looked down and bit back my lip to keep myself from crying.

Jay grabbed my arm and spoke softly, "Come on. Back to the hotel." He began to gently pull me along with Sunoo leaned against me to help me stay stable. But I gently pulled away from Jay and Sunoo, somehow standing fine.

They looked at me confused. Heeseung had his arms crossed and an eyebrow raised. I simply bowed and began to walk towards the beach. I was suddenly sober. Well not completely but it's like the alchohol was knocked out of me through fear.