Chapter 2

"My name is Eren Yeager, I'm your substitute science professor for this year." He says as he lifts up the list.

"And you are... Miss. Y/N, the only one who missed class today." I couldn't tell if he was mad or not, but I wasn't even trying to. I was shocked and left speechless, I even felt my mouth open a little in surprise.

But... the last name was the same... Yeager... My old professor's name was Grisha Yeager... Could it be...? No... That old guy couldn't have made this man in front of me, I am sure.

"Oh..." I try and think of something to say, but I couldn't hold back my curiosity.

"Yeager?" My voice had a questioning tone, and I waited to see what he would say.

"If you hadn't missed the lesson, you would know who I am." His emotions were mixed, so I couldn't tell anything. He sighs and steps aside, making space for me to pass by him.

"Since you did get here after all, I have some papers for you." He walks to the desk and unlocks the drawer, taking out a pile of papers.

"Close the doors, please." He said in almost elegant and calm voice before he sat down on the chair. I was still trying to process everything, but I did as he said. I enter the lecture room and close the door behind me, then make my way towards the desk where he was sitting.

Simply said, I couldn't take off my eyes of him. I would be dumb to deny his good looks, and I still didn't believe that this man was my professor's son, and was now my professor. He looked so young, that's why I thought he was a student. Well, that explains the way he is dressed. I saw my name on a sticky note that was on top of the upper paper, which he now removed to the side.

"These are some of the revision papers from last year I distributed to class today. Every person's questions are different, based on their result past year. I saw you were one of the best students in the class, so your questions are harder than most. This has to be finished until the next class."

He placed his big palm on top of the pile and slid it to the end of the table where I stood. I look at the amount of work I had to do for my next lecture, which was... in two days.

"Then, this..." He takes out yet another pile, that was a bit smaller.

"A guide for you final paper that you write during this year. After you go through it, you can ask me anything that might not be clear." He hands me those as well as I could oy nodd in response.

"And these-" Another pile of papers appeared on the table.

"Are for you, because you missed the class. It is an introduction of what we will study next time, so be sure to be ready as I will mostly call on you to answer my questions."

My mouth let out a small sound as I blinked slowly. This guy... is crazy. There was at least 50 papers of questions that I have to answer, without even hearing the lecture.

"Now, you can go back." He shuts the drawer and leans back on his chair, crossing his arms on his chest. My eyes didn't leave countless papers that were in front of me. I had no idea how I was going to carry them and I was trying to control myself from saying anything. That's what I get for being late, I guess.

I started gathering my assignments, feeling his eyes lingered on me while I was doing that. I didn't want to risk and talk back, since I had no idea how he would react. He would probably take out another stack of papers with the deadline in 30 minutes.

This year started off great, really. All my hoping from before something exciting would happen just fell into water as I got slapped by reality. You have to be perfect, or else you're not good enough.