Chapter 15

Y/N's POV

As soon as I got home, I let tears fall down my face. I was sad and disappointed, but it was my own fault. I imagined this whole situation in my head, that he felt something for me, like I did towards him. I knew there couldn't be anything out of us, but still, a part of me hoped he would want something more.

Without giving it much thought, I decided to answer Jean. He texted me before, asking if I wanted to hang out. I wasn't exactly in the mood, but he could be a good distraction. I let him know I was home, and he could come any time. I placed my phone on the table to take off my coat, and a notification almost immediately popped up.

Jean texted, saying he would be here in about an hour, giving me enough time to take a long, calming shower. I had told myself to stop crying over someone who doesn't even deserve it. He is probably with Elena right now anyway and couldn't care less about me. I sigh loudly and go in my room to get some fresh clothes.

After about half an hour, I was done showering, and now I was drying my hair. Looking at myself in the mirror, I was aware it wasn't my best day. It was very obvious I was crying, as my eyes were puffy and red. But, after a hot shower and changing into fresh clothes, I felt better.

Time quickly passed, and soon I got a message from Jean, saying he was at the parking lot. I got up from the couch and put on a jacket and sneakers so I could go outside and wait for him, since he didn't know which floor I was on.

The lights in the hall automatically turned on while I was getting down to get in front of Jean. Cold air hit my warm skin, and I hugged myself as I looked in the direction he should be coming from. When someone turned the corner, I knew it was him. I smile to greet him, which he returns, but his face quickly changes to another expression.

"Y/N, you've been crying?" His arms wrap around me immediately, taking me aback. After a few seconds, I give in and hug him back, burying my face into his chest. I won't lie, his hug felt comforting.

"It's nothing, really..." I said into his chest, not moving an inch. I think he noticed I wanted to stay like that for a bit, so he didn't move either. After a few more seconds, I felt him pull away from me.

His warm hands gently cup my cold cheeks, and I look up at him. His eyes were staring into mine, trying to come out with a possible explanation.

"You look cute, but you need to tell me what's wrong." He said, making me chuckle. I stayed quiet, feeling like that was the right thing for the moment. I felt Jean was inching closer to me, as his body heat was warming me up. Before I could do something, he leaned down and softly placed his lips on mine.

I froze, looking at him for a bit before closing my eyes and leaning into him. He moved his lips against mine and was in lead the whole time. I must say, he was a great kisser, and he wasn't too forward with it - but it was obvious he wanted to be. His arms lower down to my waist, and I wrap mine around his neck. As the kiss was getting more and more heated, I felt myself getting out of air.

As if he knew, he slowed down the pace before finally giving me one last peck and slowly pulled away. Both of us stay close to each other, catching our breaths. I don't know about him, but I was definitely panicking on the inside. What was I doing? I didn't even know him that well, and here I am, kissing him. I knew it was just a kiss, but it didn't feel right. But it didn't feel bad either... My feelings were all scattered, and I didn't know what I liked and what not. I remove my hands from him, but he takes one, making me look at him. 

"I'm sorry if I crossed the line..." He said, looking down at my hand he was caressing with his thumb. I gulp, biting my lip while contemplating about my response. He was nothing but nice to me and I should be happy a guy like him is interested in me... But then why didn't I feel the same towards him?