Chapter 14

Mr. Yeager's POV

I don't know how it happened, but here I was. Kissing her soft lips again, enjoying the moment but knowing how much of a risk I was taking. I wasn't going to do it ever again, but when she started mentioning her rules, I knew she took it seriously and that I would never get a chance to do this. So, I decided to be selfish for one last time, and I practically didn't break any of her rules by doing this. I was savoring every second, trying to keep my thoughts quiet. The fact that she didn't pull away was even better, but I knew it would only make it harder for me to stop.

I take a step towards her and she stumbles back, leaning on my car for support. Still, I wrapped my arm around her to make sure she was stable. I've noticed how hard she tried to stay on her toes so she could reach me and wouldn't have to break the kiss, so without a second thought, I pick her up and put her on the hood of my car. I felt her arms sneak around my neck and almost seamlessly pull me closer to her. I knew she hated to admit it, but she loved this. Her body language showed all the signs of her not wanting to stop, and hell, I didn't want to stop either. We both knew, when this moment ends, everything ends. We have to go on pretending this never happened. Shit.

Y/N's POV

The moment I felt his lips on mine, the storm inside of me disappeared. Kissing him felt so right, so natural. Not even 10 minutes ago, I was cursing him out, hating him and wanting him to be out of my sight. But right now, all I wanted to do was be close to him. Touch him, feel his skin and his soft hair in between my fingers. 

I gasp when he gripped my waist and slid me closer to him. My legs automatically wrap around his torso and I realized this looked way too similar to that night in the restaurant. The wind made me shiver, but I didn't feel cold. Body heat that was coming from him was enough to keep me warm, hot even. I didn't want it to end, so I deepened the kiss. The fact that he is kissing me again, it is giving me hope. Maybe he decided to give us a try, even if we had to be a secret.

I got a little sad when I felt him slowing down and pulling away. I kiss him for one last time, before we separated. I expected him to be happy or excited, but instead his eyes looked sad and disappointed. My smile disappears and I furrow my eyebrows.

"I'm sorry..." He said, his voice unusually low and quiet. I was confused, why is he apologizing? Until I realized. He didn't kiss me to show me he wanted me. That he changed his mind and wanted to try this out. 

I push him away and jump down from the hood of his car. He grips my elbow to help me, which I would normally like. But right now I didn't want him to touch me. I shake his hand off of me and take a step back from him.

"I can't believe you..." I said, looking at him with disgust and disappointment. I couldn't believe I thought maybe he wanted to give us a chance. No... He's just being a selfish prick, who doesn't know what he wants and thinks he can do whatever with me. And I gave in to him so easily, I felt ashamed of myself.

"I hate you." I gritted my teeth out of anger. I waited like a fool, hoping he would say something in his defense. But nothing, he was quiet and it made my blood boil. I haven't noticed my eyes were teary until my vision got blurry.

"Y/N?" A female voice called out my name. Eren turns around to reveal a confused looking Elena, who was there with her daughter. She must've been done with her shift, as she had all her things with her. I force out a smile as little Eva looked happy to see me. 

"And... Eren?" Everyone stood there in awkward silence and Elena's eyes shifted back and forth from me to Eren. 

"Can I drive you home?" I had to look at Eren to make sure he was saying that to me. I was taken aback, and so was Elena. She clearly knew he was my professor, so how could he ask me that in front of her? How could he ask me that in general, after what happened just now. Plus, he was literally on a date with Elena.