Chapter 8

My eyes then land on my heater that was still working, drying his clothes.

"His clothes!?" I panick and open my door again. I was about to call out for him, but I stopped myself on time. That would sound way too stupid. I will just give them to him in next class. Then I look down on myself.

"And I am still wearing his clothes..." I couldn't help but blush for whatever reason. They were just so comfy and big on me, I felt... safe? Whatever. Unfortunately, I had to give them back as well.

I used the rest of the day to clean my apartment and try and fix my phone as well, since it was wet. I used the good old trick - I put it in rice and prayed to every god its going to work. Otherwise, I can just die here and no one will know.

"No food..." I mumbled to myself when I opened my fridge. That was a sign I desperately needed to go and buy some groceries, but the weather was still not great. These were the times I regret not having a car. The umbrella I have definitely won't last when it's raining so heavily.

So, I was stuck in my apartment. I decided the best thing to do was go through some of my material that wasn't ruined and prepare for my next class. Time goes fast that way and I can at least say I did something productive.

It was around ten o'clock when I went to bed. It felt good going to sleep early, knowing I will wake up well rested for work tomorrow.

TIME SKIP - At work

Today was unusually busy, so I had no time to think about anything else except work. And trust me, I want to think about yesterday... About Mr. Yeager, how he helped me and was literally in my apartment... I was fighting the urge to go to the back just to recall moments that happened last night. But, as much as my heart loved it, my brain knew it was wrong.

That's why I kept working, I kept finding things to do just so he wouldn't be on my mind. I was finding excuses - this was probably the most I was ever involved with a guy, that's why I'm getting all worked up for nothing. Plus, that guy is my professor. One more reason this could all just be my imagination and he was just nice and not interested in me.

"Y/N!" I flinch at Jiwoo's loud voice. I realized I was wiping the same table for 5 minutes and she must've seen me and thought I've gone nuts.

"You should be on you break, it's past 1 already" She curiously looked at me as I straightened up and fiddle with a cloth in my hands.

"I don't need a break, my shift ends soon anyway." I worked until 4 PM. Jiwoo look at me, not believing me.

"Yes, you do. Elena's got it covered." Elena was the new girl, she was in late twenties and was a single mom. That's why, even though we didn't need anyone, Jiwoo hired her.

"Maybe she can get 15 minutes off? Her daughter looks bored there." I point at the small girl sitting at the table next to the window. She was coloring something, but I
noticed how she kept looking at her mom. I don't really understand the whole situation, but I think her kindergarten only works until 12 PM, so the rest of the time she has to wait for her mom.

"Y/N. How many times do I have to tell you-" My eyes drift away from her and land on the door when I heard a bell signaling someone entered. My whole expression changed when I realized who it was.

"Actually,... I think I'll take that break." I already started taking off my apron, while still staring at him. He walked to the front and Elena greeted him with a smile. A very big smile. I don't know why, but a small part of me felt bothered.

"Good, then. I'll see you in 30 minutes." Jiwoo was happy I agreed and didn't seem to notice what was going on. I slowly started walking towards Eva, Elena's daughter. I wanted to keep her company for a bit, plus I could sit down and hopefully not be noticed by him.