Chapter 5

Everyone in the room exhales except from her. She didn't react, but I knew she was definitely not pleasantly surprised. I straightened myself up and spoke.

"Miss Y/N, please stay after the lecture so I could give you instructions." She didn't reply and only nodded without looking at me.

I went through my presentation for the rest of the lecture, and when it was finally over I was able to dismiss everyone. I stood and said bye to everyone, but couldn't help to hear Y/N's voice in the background.

"Jean" I hear her soft voice calling out for Jean, and I hated it. She doesn't know his real intentions, which are just disgusting, but typical for a 'excited' male college student.

"I don't think I'll be able to go tonight... I just got assigned a ton of work." By the way she was speaking, I knew she was frustrated. Her body language was stiff, like she was worried about his reaction.

"Do you want me to help you with that? I still don't want to throw the whole thing away..." He acted like this good boy who had a crush on her. I was completely focused on their conversation, not noticing every student but them left.

"I'm not sure, I prefer to work alone..." She was obviously not on with his idea, but he kept pushing it.

"I promise we'll be done earlier and still have time for our date that way. What do you say?" My eyes shift down to his hand that was caressing her elbow. She pulled away smiling, but the smile didn't reach her eyes.

"I'm-" The thought of her saying yes to him made me act on impulse and interfere their conversation.

"Mr. Kirschtein, if you wouldn't mind waiting outside so I could discuss the assignment with Miss Y/N?" My voice was professional, I wasn't going to let any of them think I interrupted them for any other reason than to speak with Y/N about her assignment. Truth was, I just wanted him to leave her the hell one.

He was taken aback by my words, probably too busy acting like he was head over heels for Y/N to notice I was still here. He managed to smile, but a hint of dissatisfaction flashed in his eyes. He nodded and said goodbye to Y/N before walking out and closing the door behind him.

Y/N's POV

I felt bad having to cancel on Jean, but school was more important to me than some date, so I had no other choice. I knew it wasn't helping with my decision to change, but maybe it was too late for me. I unwillingly step closer to Mr. Yeager, waiting for him to start talking and trying to not feel embarrassed about him hearing the conversation between Jean and I.

I look at Mr. Yeager, he was sitting down at the table and typing something on his laptop. I stood there for a couple of seconds, not wanting to disturb him. Few minutes passed by, when he finally looked away from the screen.

"Can I get your email? I don't have a printed copy right now, so I would like to send you the document by itself." His dark eyes were looking straight into mine, and I found myself unable to look away. I gulp before answering him, trying to get ahold of myself. It felt like I was under some kind of a spell..., his spell.

I recite my email address automatically, but I stopped midway. I was giving him my private email instead of the one I used for school. Not that it mattered though, so I continued and saw him write it down.

"Thank you, I'm sending it to you right now." He didn't even look at me when he spoke to me. I don't know why, but that frustrated me. His eyes seemed uninterested as he paid attention to his laptop again.

"Anything else?" I raised my eyebrows and fixed the bag on my shoulder, wanting to leave this place.

"Nothing else, Miss Y/N." He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. It made me wonder if I was the one who was expecting him to say something else and it made me feel embarrassed.