Part 7: Let's switch

Freen's P.O.V

I drove as fast as I could. I can't let anything happen to Rebecca. Not now, not while while I'm here. I glanced at her and she was pretty scared as fuck. I was totally okay if it was just me, but Rebecca was with me and the fact that her family trusted me to protect her.

I stepped on the gas and Yuki was already screaming at the backseat. Becky was closing her eyes and she was gripping tightly on her seatbelt. My heart was beating so fast that I couldn't concentrate anymore.

They're really after us. Damn.

I don't know why I agreed to be Rebecca's bodyguard in the first place. I just found myself ready to risk everything just to take care of her. There was just something in her that made me want to protect her. I sighed and focused on the road.

My fear doubled when I heard Rebecca screamed. "Aaaah!" I heard a loud bang and I was sure that they were already shooting us.

Fuck, my mustang.

"Rebecca," I called her name. I knew that she was scared but I don't have any choice. She really needs to do this or else, our lives will definitely end here.

"Let's switch," I commanded while I was trying to get my handun hidden beside me. Her eyes widened while looking at me.

"F-freen... No way on earth that I will hold that gun!"

"You drive. I'll shoot them." I looked at her. Assuring that everything will be fine. I won't let anything happen to you, silly.

After a few seconds, she agreed to switch positions. I was now in the passenger seat and she was already the one driving.

I opened the window and aimed for the driver. The bullet landed straight on his forehead.

One down.

"Freen, I swear, I-im not going with you anymore. Fuck." She cursed while driving.

"Just drive." I ordered. This was really the hardest thing I ever did. I don't want Rebecca to witness how merciless I am. But giving this situation, I don't have any choice.

I looked at those bastards through the rearview mirror. The car I shot a while ago was already burning while the other one was still chasing us.

"Rebecca, go left." I instructed her. At first, she was having doubts but after a few seconds, she obliged. The moment they turned left, I aimed for the front tire and bulls eye. It exploded causing for the driver to lose control and hit the electric post.

I sighed in relief. I can't believe those bastards ruined Rebecca and Yuki's supposedly lunch.

I looked at Rebecca and she was so pale. Her hands were also shaking.

"They're gone." I announced. Yuki was still at the backseat covering her ears. Probably praying for her life.

Becky's P.O.V

My hands were trembling and sweating in fear. I couldn't believe what happened now. I slowly pulled over and sighed heavily.

"Are you okay?" Freen asked. She was so calm. It seemed like she was already used to this. I couldn't sense any fear in her voice.

"Y-yuki." I thought of my bestfriend. I looked at her and she was hugging herself.

I felt like crying. It was so heavy. Why are they chasing us?

I was caught of guard when I felt Freen's arms wrapped around me. In that moment, I felt safe. I felt like no one would hurt me. I felt relieved.

"S-sorry." She slowly pulled away from the hug. I also felt embarrassed because of what happened.

"N-no. It's okay." I almost forgot that my bestfriend was here with us right now. Yuki hugged me tight.

"I thought we'll die." She sobbed. I caressed her hair while looking at Freen. She was still emotionless. I could still remember how good she was while holding the gun. The image of her shooting those jerks.

The sound of it still echoed in my head.

Yuki wiped her tears and fixed herself. "Bec, I think we should go home." I knew she was disappointed.

"Let me drive you home, Rebecca." I nodded my head weakly.

"This will not happen anymore." For once, I saw an emotion flashed on her face. She was worried and scared. We've just met a couple of days ago but I felt like I've known her for a very long time. 

Who might be the one behind this? Could it be someone I defeated in court? Could it also be someone I put in jail and trying to get a revenge?

My head was throbbing by thinking about those things. I badly want answers.

"F-freen." I called her name.

"Hmm?" She responded. She was back on her resting bitch face again.

"Why did you agree to be my bodyguard?" I was so eager to ask her this because I couldn't believe that she would just settle for being my bodyguard. Hello, she has a lambo and now, she's driving a ford mustang. She's definitely rich.

"It's for you to find out." Damn this woman. Did she know that I already have a lot of questions in my mind?

I rolled my eyes for the nth time.

"I think we should drop Yuki first." I suggested. She nodded her head while focusing on the road.

Yuki was still quiet. She was probably traumatized of what happened.

"Yuki, we'll drop you home."

"O-oh okay."

"I think you should get some rest." Yuki smiled but I could feel that she was not okay. She was trying to be okay.

I reached for her hand and looked at her. "Everything will be alright. Don't think about it anymore, okay?" She showed me her genuine smile.

After a couple of minutes, we arrived at Yuki's house. We bid our goodbyes and Freen was just observing us.

After Yuki went inside, Freen revived the engine and started driving again.

It was so quiet until Freen broke the silence. "You two seemed so close." She remarked.

"Yeah. We're bestfriends since gradeschool." I responded.

"I see." She said and we went quiet again. I stared outside the window and felt my stomach aching in hunger.

"I think we should eat first." Thank God, Freen was able to suggest that.

"Where?"

"I know a nearby restaurant. We can eat there. They have river prawns."

My eyes twinkled in excitement. River prawns, my favorite!

When we got there, the waitress greeted us. "Good afternoon, Ma'am Freen." I bet she was a regular customer here since the waitress already knew her.

Freen smiled awkwardly and led me inside. I was amazed when I saw the design of the restaurant. It screamed royalness.

Freen pulled the chair for me. I smiled to her. "Thank you." Gentlewoman.

After a few minutes, the waiter handed us the menu. Freen gave it to me right away. "You choose."

Our eyes met and I felt butterflies in my stomach. This is so weird.

I ordered river prawns for us.

For some reason, I was able to forget what happened earlier.

I felt at peace. Something I never felt before even with Nop.