Part 19: Beach

Freen's P.O.V

I got up from the couch, which made Rebecca a little bit shocked and confused.

"Let's go." I grabbed her wrist and pulled her up.

"Freen, wait. You're not fully recovered yet." I looked at her and smiled. I was so happy because I could see that she actually cares for me.

"Nah, I'll be fine." I put the bag over my shoulder and walked outside the garage. Rebecca wanted to protest, but she just kept quiet and followed me.

I opened the passenger seat and gestured for her to go inside.

Rebecca went inside peacefully, and I turned around to go to the driver's seat.

I revived the engine and started driving. I could see Rebecca starting at me in my peripheral vision, but I ignored her. My shoulder was a little bit in pain, but it just goes away whenever I'm with her.

Cheesy huh?

After a few minutes, I stared at Rebecca, and she was already sleeping. I couldn't stop myself from staring at her. God, her beauty never changed. She looked like an angel, literally.

I pulled over to the nearby convenience store and grabbed some ice cream. Memories of us from the past came back. She usually hands me an ice cream whenever she feels that I'm not okay.

I smiled bitterly and went to the counter.

After paying for the ice cream, I went out and hopped in my car.

I know that everything was stressing her out. There were people who were trying to kill us, and until now I still couldn't figure out who the hell they were or the reason they were chasing us. I wanted to give her some time off. I wanted to escape with her from the real world.

It was already 5 in the afternoon when we arrived. "Rebecca?" I lightly touched her face to wake her up. She was sleeping peacefully.

"Hmmm?"

"We're here." She slowly opened her eyes, and I smiled at her. She also smiled absentmindedly, which made my heart jump outside my chest.

"O-oh, I'm sorry." She immediately fixed herself when she realized what had happened. I smiled secretly and scratched the back of my head.

She looked at me and asked. "Where are we?"

"Look." I pointed outside the window. The sun was ready to set, and it was breathtakingly beautiful.

Her eyes widened, and I could see the excitement in them.

"Freen. This is..."

"Beautiful," I said. "Like you." I whispered. She probably didn't hear it because she was too excited to go out.

"Let's go. I wanna witness the sunset." She opened the passenger's seat and went outside. She was smiling from ear to ear. Her dimples were already so visible that it just made me want to kiss her.

God, what the fuck am I thinking? I shook my head and grabbed the ice cream at the back.

We walked towards the seashore while Rebecca ran across the water, playing with the sand. I crossed my arms and stared at her.

I sat on the sand and kept looking at her. She was so happy. I would trade anything in this world just to see her smile like that.

I saw her walking towards me, so I went back to my usual poker face.

"Aren't you happy?" Gosh, Rebecca. If you only knew how happy I am today. My chest would already explode.

I stared at her. "I am happy. Now, I have something for you." I showed her the ice cream I bought earlier. I swear, her eyes literally twinkled when she saw it.

"Oh, my God. When did you buy this?"

"When you were sleeping." I let out a low chuckle when she pouted like a kid.

She sat beside me and started eating. The cold air was brushing through my skin. I just want to make the most of this.

"Are you happy?" I asked and looked at her.

"Of course." She replied happily. "I don't know, but there was something I remembered on this. It was a blurry memory, and I don't know if it was real, but it just felt so real." She sighed deeply.

It was real, Rebecca. What you remembered was real. We usually eat ice cream on the playground, and you were always the one bringing it to me.

I looked away and stared at the waves. The sound of it was so relaxing, plus the view of the sunset was beautiful.

"Freen

"Freen..." Rebecca held my hand, which made me twitch for a second. "Thank you for bringing me here."

I stared at her and fixed her hair. I could feel a million butterflies in my stomach.

"I've never liked the beach before," I paused and caressed her face. "But it all changed when I met you."

I slowly pulled her into me. I don't know if this was the right thing to do right now, but the moment was perfect. The beach, the sunset, the sand, and Rebecca.

She was staring at me like she was also ready to risk everything.

"Freen..."  There was always tension between us whenever we were close to each other. I couldn't stop it, and I knew Rebecca couldn't resist this either.

"Shhh."  I closed my eyes and put my finger on her lips.

I brought her here because this was also the day I met her at the playground.

~~
A/N: Guys, thank you so much for your support and encouragement. I know I'm not yet healed, but I feel okay because I know y'all will never leave my side. Thank you. ❤️