Part 23: Truth

Rebecca's P.O.V

My world immediately stopped when I felt Freen's lips touching mine. I could still feel my tears streaming down my face. I badly wanted to push her away, but I was too weak to do so. My knees went jelly, and I found myself catching some air.

"Rebecca.." She called my name softly while closing her eyes. "I don't want to lose you."

My head was throbbing so bad. I couldn't explain what I am feeling right now. Does Freen really love me? What am I to her?

"Freen... What's with all of this?" I asked while still crying. Freen was caressing my face, and I could feel her deep breathing. We barely even knew each other.

Yeah, she is my bodyguard. Yes, she protects me, but that's her job, right? Why am I feeling this way?

I want to blame her because, when she came into my life, she made me question everything. I've never felt this way before.

"Rebecca..." Her voice broke, and I could feel that she was already on the verge of crying.

"I'm sorry." Sorry for what?

"What the fuck, Freen? Can't you just tell me the truth? Are you just my bodyguard, or are you hiding something from me?" I removed her hands from my face and looked at her intently.

I wiped the tears from my face and crossed my arms.

"Please, Rebecca. Listen to me, okay? I have known....."

"Babe!"

My heart was beating so loudly when I heard his voice. Nop....my fiancé.

I saw Freen roll her eyes and curse. "Fuck!"

I fixed myself before turning around. I saw Nop smiling widely, along with some men in black. He walked toward us and kissed my cheek.

"Babe, how are you?" He smiled. "Aren't you surprised that I'm here?" I looked at him, and he looked so good but something's off. He had no idea what was going on between Freen and me right now. I felt so guilty. Damn it!

"Uhm, of course I miss you." I bit my lower lip and looked at Freen. I hate lying! She was just staring at us with her usual poker face. Annoyance was evident on her face.

"Oh, Miss Freen." Nop looked at Freen and smiled. A weird one. "Did Becky ask you to accompany her here?" Nop placed her hand over my shoulder. "You know, my future wife loves the beach. Right, babe?" Nop looked at me and smiled.

"Y-yeah. You know, I can't go out without Freen, right? So she must be with me wherever I go." God, I could feel the tension between Nop and Freen right now. Freen was looking at Nop, ready to kill him.

Nop was also doing it the same way. He was smiling, but there was just something about his smile that I couldn't figure out.

Now, I don't know what to do. Yes, I felt something for Freen. I admit it. But no, Nop and I were already engaged. Damn it.

"Miss Freen," Nop called Freen, who was currently fixing her hair upwards. "Can I bring my fiance home? I'm sure you already know how to go home." Nop raised her brow, while Freen gave him a deadly stare and bit her lip.

"Of course. Just make sure nothing will happen to Rebecca." Freen gave Nop a last glance that lasted for a few seconds before she looked at me.

I saw how her eyes went soft before she started walking away from us.

"Babe, let's go." Nop held my hand, but I didn't feel anything.

I removed my hand from his. "I'm sorry. I am not feeling well." And then I started walking past him.

Freen's P.O.V

My tears started to pour when I arrived at our room. The scent of Rebecca still lingered in my head. Damn, I could feel my heart being pounded into tiny pieces when I saw her a while ago with Nop. God damn it!

Was I right when I let Rebecca go after Nop? Fuck! Why am I so stupid? What if something happens to her? Why did I even fucking trust Nop?

I knew I was going to lose her, but I still took the risk. I was so happy to be with her, even if it was just for a short period of time. That jerk! He stole my chance to tell Rebecca the truth.

I knew everything would end, but I didn't expect it to be this soon. I broke my promise to myself that I was only going to protect Rebecca. I never even stopped myself from completely falling in love with her.

I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes. I could imagine Rebecca's lips on mine. I could still feel her caressing my body when we made out last night. I could still smell her under the sheets. Gosh, she was making me crazy!

I got up from the bed when I heard my phone ring. I immediately answered it when I saw the name of the caller.

"Freen..." My body instantly froze when I heard his low but authoritative voice.

"Yes, Sir?"

"Is Rebecca with you?" He hasn't changed. He was still the same.

"I'm afraid not, sir. Her fiancé just picked her up a while ago."

I heard his deep breath on the other line. "You need to go after her, Freen. Rebecca's in danger."

"Shit." I cursed.

"The changing of the order is near. One wrong move, and we will lose Rebecca forever. I am planning to go back to Thailand before that happens. So wait for me."

I searched for my car keys and hurriedly went outside the resort.

"I will, Mr. Armstrong." Yes, it was Rebecca's father.

He was not dead; he was very much alive.

The one who molded me into the person that I am today. I owe him my life, and now it's my time to return the favor by protecting his one and only princess. I hope Rebecca will understand that we are just doing this for her safety.