Part 20: Cabernet Sauvignon

Becky's P.O.V

"Freen, I think we should go home." I stood up and stared at her. There was something she wanted to tell me, but she just kept quiet and looked at me with her puppy eyes.

After a few seconds, Freen sighed deeply and stood up.

"Yeah, we better be. It's already getting late." Freen also stood up and walked beside me.

The clouds were getting darker, as if they were ready to release the water they had been holding for such a long time.

"Gosh, Freen. Let's run." I shouted when the rain started to pour above us. She ran like a turtle. Damn it! I never expected it would rain today since the weather was good earlier.

Freen immediately ran beside me and attempted to cover my head with her hands. "You're getting wet." God, my dirty mind could not process what she just said.

I rolled my eyes secretly as I felt my cheeks turn red.

Freen grabbed my hand, and we ran towards a nearby resort. My goodness, we were soaking wet.

"Good evening, ma'am!" I was surprised when the guard greeted us, holding an umbrella in his hand.

Freen smiled awkwardly. "Yeah, good evening."

"Do you want to stay for a night, ma'am? We have a free dinner."

"Yes!"

"No!"

Freen and I answered in unison. The guard looked at us with a confused look.

Freen sighed and said, "Rebecca, we really need to spend the night here. The rain won't probably stop. I couldn't drive given this situation."

I felt a little bit guilty, so I nodded my head and followed the guard towards the reception area.

"Good evening, ma'am. Room for 2?" The front desk greeted us with a smile on her face.

"Do you have two separate beds?" I asked immediately. I swear, I saw Freen bow her head and smirk secretly. This woman.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Ma'am, but the only available room is only one, and it has a queen-size bed."

"You mean, we'll share the same bed?!" My eyes widened, and I asked hysterically. The girl in front of us smiled at me as if she were saying, "obivously."

Oh, No! Freen and I already shared the same room before, and something happened! I couldn't let this pass; I almost questioned my sexuality way back then.

"Miss, can you double check it? There must be--"

"We'll take that, Miss." Freen cut me off, and she handed her card to the girl.

The girl giggled and swiped Freen's card, then gave her the room key. "Your room number is 220, ma'am. Call us anytime when you need something, and we also have free dinner. Thank you, ma'am. Enjoy your stay."