Part 15: Picture

Freen's P.O.V

I removed my glasses as I watched Rebecca hug his brother, Richie. Thank God, she arrived safely in Thailand.

I felt my heart ache when I saw her kiss her fiancé. I closed my eyes as I felt the unfamiliar feeling inside me. The scene made me feel uncomfortable, so I pulled my luggage out and walked away.

What happened in California made me realize that I really need to protect her. I couldn't let anything happen to her, especially since I don't know who my real enemy is. I sighed as I placed my luggage inside my car and drove.

~~

It has been a while since I arrived in Thailand. I left some of my work to Kirk while I was in California, and he was really doing a great job. I was currently having lunch with Tee and Jim when my phone rang.

I stood up and answered the call.

"Freen?"

"Yes, Mrs. Armstrong?" This was it.

"I would like to invite you to come to our house tomorrow." My heart skipped a beat when I heard that. I would finally be able to see Rebecca. God, the thought made me really anxious and excited at the same time.

I was kind of already expecting this, especially since I just saved her daughter from the explosion yesterday.

I mean, how would I react? Should I just give her a poker face the entire time? The thought made my head hurt.

I am really good at acting like I don't give a damn about other things, but when it comes to Rebecca, I just can't mask it off.

I let out a deep sigh and closed my eyes.

"Okay, Ma'am.  I'll see you." I said and ended the call.

Rebecca's P.O.V

"Are you okay?" I asked. Freen was just staring out the window, and it seemed like she was thinking about something really deep.

She nodded her head and bit her lip. "Stop right there." She pointed out a huge gate and a house that looked like a palace.

My jaw dropped as we made our way in. "Is this your house?" God, it was so huge. The design was modern, and it was breathtakingly beautiful.

I saw her blush. "Yeah."

I parked the car in the garage and assisted Freen. "Wow. This looks like a palace." I mean, I didn't exaggerate when I said it looked like a palace.

because it is!

I saw Kirk coming out, and the view made me want to go home in an instant. So, he really did mean that he'd wait for Freen to go home?

"Welcome back, my lady." Kirk bowed his head while laughing. Freen just rolled her eyes and shoved him away.

"You can go home now."

"Ouch."  He touched his chest, acting like he was hurt. "You're already sending me home because Ms. Armstrong's---"

Freen put his hands on Kirk's mouth to shut him up. "Damn it. You're making me want to kill you."

"I hope you both enjoy." Kirk teasingly smiled and went inside his car.

"That asshole. Remind me that I need to kill him later." I know that she was just joking, but her eyes were really dead serious, and it was so scary.

"Freen," I said in a warning tone.

"Geez, Rebecca. Can't I joke around?" She rolled her eyes, which made me want to pinch her cheeks.

I ignored her and helped her inside. God, her house was really pretty huge. My eyes roamed around, and it just made me wonder why she agreed to be my bodyguard, really.

Freen was busy making something in the kitchen while I sat in her living room.

"Seriously, Freen. Why did you agree to be my bodyguard? Upon seeing your house, it just made me wonder why the hell you agreed to be my bodyguard."

She was still quiet, so I followed her to the kitchen. "Freen." I called.

And there I saw her making juice for the both of us.

"Rebecca." She massaged her head. "I don't know, too."

"That's freaking impossible." I crossed my arms while looking at her.

"Well, for the record, that's possible." She said this as she handed me the juice.

I sipped from my glass. "I don't believe you."

Freen just looked at me while shaking her head.

"Can't you just tell me?" I said this while almost stomping my feet like a kid. My patience was running low. I just wanted to know the reason why, and there she was, being so stubborn as always.

I was shocked when she moved closer and put both of her hands on the sink, caging me.

Her eyes were burning, and I could already smell her breath. God, she was so sexy.

"Shut up, or I will kiss you." She warned, and her face was already an inch away from me. My heart was beating wildly inside my chest.

"Y-you can't." I was fighting the stares that she was giving me, and it only made me even more crazy.

She smirked. "What if I can?" Jesus, was it normal for a woman to kiss another woman? Was Freen a lesbian?

"Oh, shut up, Freen. We both know you like Mr. Kirk." Oh God, that sounded so off. I just wanted to run away and hide because of what I had said.

She bit her lip and grinned playfully. "Where'd you get that, Rebecca?"

She removed her hands and walked away, shaking her head. I was able to breathe normally when she let go of me.

"I'm going to take a bath. You stay here." She drank her juice and went upstairs.

I put my hand over my chest to calm myself. Freen is really making me crazy.

I went back to the living room and scanned some pictures displayed above the cabinet. I saw a picture of Freen with her mom. Freen was smiling, showing her cute gums, while her mom was hugging her.

I smiled.  They were so cute.

I moved on to the next picture, and I looked at it intently. Freen was still a kid, and she looked so innocent. She was smiling from ear to ear, and her arms were wrapped around the young girl she was with.

My hands were shaking when I lifted it up to double-check if it was really true.

My jaw dropped because of what I saw. It was a picture of Freen together with... me?