Part 18: Soulmates

Freen's P.O.V

I snatched the picture frame from her hand and placed it back above the cabinet. I was shaking so badly, Jesus.

What would I say? "Uhm." I bit my lower lip and looked at her. Confusion was written all over her face. Rebecca, if you only knew...

"She was a special friend."

"But she looks exactly like me."

"Maybe a coincidence." I grabbed her wrist and dragged her away from the living room. Why can't I tell her that she and the little girl in the picture are just one person?

Becky's P.O.V

"Freen..." I stopped and massaged my head when I suddenly felt dizzy. Freen turned around and cupped my face.

Her eyes widened. "Hey, are you okay?"

I nodded my head as I closed my eyes. My head hurts so bad. Shit.

"Come." Freen guided me towards the couch. Freen also encircled her arms around my waist, but I lost my balance, causing me to push Freen slightly.

She landed on the couch, and I ended up sitting on her lap. "Shit," she hissed.

"Oh, God. I'm sorry." I whispered as I fixed my hair. This is so embarrassing.

I looked at Freen, and she was also looking at me. Her lips diverted to mine, and she licked her bottom lip involuntarily.

"Are you okay?" We were so close that I could already feel her breath.

I couldn't stop looking at her, especially her eyes. It's drowning me—in a good way.

"F-freen." I touched her face. Those eyes... it felt like I'd looked at them before.

She held my hand, and I felt a voltage of electricity run through my entire body. The connection I had with Freen was undeniable. Every day, it was just getting worse than I could have imagined.

She tightened the grip around my waist. "Rebecca..."

Why do I feel this way? Why do I feel like I've known Freen for a very long time? Why do I feel like she was a part of me all along?

"You know what? You're the most amazing person I've ever met in my entire life." What Freen had said just felt so right. Oh, God. This is making me crazy. I wanted to stand up and run away from her, but I couldn't. I just can't.

She seemed like the missing piece I've been longing for.

I immediately stood up and sat down next to her to cut the tension between us.

Being around Freen just makes everything better. Weird.

"Do you think you've already met your soulmate?" I asked out of nowhere while hugging the throw pillow beside me.

Freen fixed her hair and looked at me intently. I knew there was something inside her head, but as usual, she was back on her poker face.

"Yeah, I think I already found mine." She said as she looked into my eyes. And I swear, her eyes twinkled when they met mine.

I gulped when she moved closer to me and put some strands of my hair behind my ear.

"Who?"

"The one in the picture."

She meant the little girl who looks exactly like me?

I laughed unbelievably. "Stop playing around, Freen. "That little girl would never be your soulmate."

She raised her eyebrow and looked at me. "Why?What do you know about soulmates, Rebecca?"

I immediately thought about my fiance, Nop. I always believe Nop is my soulmate, the one for whom I am destined.

"Well, Nop takes good care of me."

She scoffed, "Soulmates are not just for romantic couples, Rebecca."

"A soulmate could be that one person with whom you can be yourself whenever he or she is around."

When I'm with Nop, I can also be myself, but there are always restrictions. I need to be prim and proper, which sometimes doesn't feel comfortable.

"So, how could you say that the little girl on the picture was your soulmate?"

Her mouth gaped open, and I knew I had caught her off guard. "Who is she, Freen?"

Freen composed herself, and I saw how she smiled with the thought of that little girl inside her head. I want to scratch her face, honestly.

"If you only knew how adorable she was."

I rolled my eyes secretly. "I am more adorable, Freen."

Freen looked at me for a few seconds and started laughing out loud. Was there something funny about what I said?

"What the heck, Rebecca? Did you just compare yourself to her?" She said this while still laughing.

Freen is now getting on my nerves that I badly want to punch her face. "I want to go home." I was about to stand up, but Freen immediately grabbed my wrist and pinned me to the couch.

"Are you jealous?"

"Hell, No!" I answered right away. Me? Jealous of that little girl? Gosh, No!

She lightly touched my nose and smiled. "Your cheeks are turning red."

I felt my cheeks redden even more. "Let go of me."

"What if I don't?" She smirked and brought both of my hands above my head.

"Freen." I warned. I felt my entire body shiver underneath her. Her body felt so warm that I wanted to be just under her forever.

"Do you want to be my soulmate instead?" She said, then lightly kissed my cheek. Oh, God, I think my heart just dropped right there.

Unknown's P.O.V

"The changing of the order is near. We need to get rid of Rebecca as soon as possible, sir." One of my men said. I clenched my jaw and tightened my grip on the gun I was holding.

"There must be someone higher than me who protects her."

I need to make things faster. I need to kill Armstrong in no time. I already killed her father, so this must be easy this time.