Part 17: Crumbled

Freen's P.O.V

I went downstairs after taking a bath and drying my hair. It really took me a long time because I could still feel a little pain in my shoulder. I hate this.

"Freen, why do we have a picture together?" Rebecca asked while holding the picture frame. "Do we know each other before?"

My heart skipped a beat for a second. I didn't know what to say. Damn it.

Flashback

Years passed, but Rebecca and I remained friends. She never broke her promise. She never failed to brighten up my day and bring me ice cream whenever she felt that I wasn't okay.

"P'freen!" Rebecca waved her hand while smiling widely.

I walked toward her and smiled. I must admit, she was becoming more beautiful every day. Her features were becoming more evident and perfectly carved.

"Yeah?"

We were at the playground again, and it seemed like this was already our meeting place.

She showed me her test paper. "Look! I got a perfect score!" She bragged and smiled proudly.

"Impressive. Ice cream?"

"But I'm not sad." She pouted. I pinched her cheeks lightly. She was so adorable.

"We both are, but you deserve a reward." I held her wrist, dragging her to a nearby store.

She grabbed two ice creams and gave the other one to me. "Thank you for this, bunny." Rebecca gave me that cute nickname because she said that my teeth are the same as those of a rabbit.

I just shook my head and smiled.

We went back to the playground and sat on the swing. "So, how was your day?" I asked.

She looked at me, and I knew that there was something wrong. "Yeah, about that, I think I really need this ice cream."

"What's the problem?"

"We'll go back to England this weekend. Mom's planning to transfer me there." I felt my heart sink inside my chest when I heard that. It was so heavy, but I tried to hide it from Rebecca.

She stood up and hugged me tight. "I'm going to miss you." Yeah, me too.

It was painful, but I don't want her to worry about it.

"Silly. Don't worry about me. It's for your good." I panicked when I heard her sniff.

She tightened the hug even more and rested her chin over my shoulder. "I don't want to be away from you."

God, Rebecca. I don't want that either. I badly want to tell her to just stay here, but I can't. I know I can't.

"Rebecca, look at me." She slowly pulled away from the hug and looked at me.

I wiped her tears, and smiled bitterly.

"I will always be your Bunny. Even if it took me forever, I'd still wait for you, okay? You know where to find me." I ruffled her hair.

"No one's gonna be there to save me. What if someone's going to bully me again?" She cried even harder. She was making this really hard for me.

"I might not be there physically but I will always be right here, right?" I said as I pointed at her heart.

"Of course!"