[MONSTER] Fun Facts #1

May contain spoilers.

—————————————————————————

Fun Fact 1 - Origins

My Daily Life With A Monster Harem (nicknamed MONSTER) was originally created for a Webnovel contest back when I was writing on Webnovel as well. I ended up transferring the story over to Wattpad.

The prompt was to create a System + Harem story. Oh, and MONSTER got second place.

—————————————————————————

Fun Fact 2 - The Idea

The first idea for MONSTER was created in the span of an hour after I had finished an exam and was waiting for it to end. It was only a day later the first chapter was written.

—————————————————————————

Fun Fact 3 - Previous Covers

The original cover for MONSTER had a kitsune mask with some cobwebs around, while the second one showcased Jackson with an Angel wing. The third one is the current one, and my favorite of the three. Unlike my other stories, I always had trouble pinpointing a cover for MONSTER which I felt truly encaptured it. The first two worked, but not the way that MOB's cover did, which has barely changed.

—————————————————————————

Fun Fact 4 - The Sapphire Character Arc

Sapphire was my first attempt at a character arc. I based her off of the cliche tsundere who acts like it due to a past circumstance, who then warms up after the past is addressed. While I don't think it was bad for a first time, I do think it was too quick. I'm sure I could do better now.

—————————————————————————

Fun Fact 5 - Original

MONSTER was my first ever original here on Wattpad. Due to this, it holds a weird and special place in my heart. It's not my favorite story, mainly because it is my first and I know I could do better now that I've developed my writing style. However, I do still love the story with its faults, and it will always be my first original.

—————————————————————————

Fun Fact 6 - Protagonist Characteristics

Jackson was based off of the basic dense harem protagonist, but was also made to be a slight twist off of this, so that he also feels like his own character instead of a bland nobody.

For instance, he loves fruit snacks and is strangely good at Uno-

*Ahem*, I mean Won.

—————————————————————————

Fun Fact 7 - Yanderes?

I almost made the girls of MONSTER yanderes, but ultimately decided against it for some reason. I honestly don't remember why.

—————————————————————————

Fun Fact 8 - Slice Of Life

Unlike MOB, MONSTER had no "ending goal", and thus it ended up being a lot more "slice of life" than plot-based, because there wasn't really a plot!

—————————————————————————

Fun Fact 9 - Inspiration

Surprisingly, the anime which inspired MONSTER the most was Rosario + Vampire, which is one that I like. Not my favorite, but I like the characters. This helped inspire the whole school in Hell idea, which is funny, since I feel like most would've assumed Iruma would've provided more inspiration.

I actually still need to watch Iruma.

The other things which inspired this story was another monster/magic school story somewhere on Wattpad, along with the School Spirit! story on Wattpad.

—————————————————————————

Fun Fact 10 - Angel Reveal

The reveal that Jackson was half Angel was supposed to come much later in the story, but I decided that might make the early story not interesting enough, so I found a way to naturally move it closer, and then have the System corruption/demon half development come after, instead of before like originally intended.