Ch. 4

Wei Lin POV

So, life in Lotus Pier is going nicely. Well, I am training very hard. I have to save everyone. So, I was saying life is going smoothly. The only problem is a woman named Yu Ziyuan. She's blaming us for literally everything she can. She is already planning to marry me off to a local house. To get rid of me. Right now, I am practicing my swordsmanship with other disciples. Don't know where are others. When a disciple came running.

Disciple - Shijie!! Wei Wuxian is in ancestral hall!!

My heart skipped a beat. Oh not again. I threw my sword and ran there. I don't know how I ran so fast, but I got there pretty quickly. I saw A-Ying kneeling. He is injured. In front of him, Madam Yu is sitting. Beside her some disciples are standing. They are beaten up. I went in front of A-Ying.

Lin - What is happening here?

Madam Yu - Oh! You're here. See what your brother did to them.

I am pretty sure they provoked him and picked a fight. But I asked calmly.

Lin - Please enlighten me.

Madam Yu - He fought with his fellow Shidis when they just wanted to help him practice.

I looked at A-Ying.

Lin - What happened?

A-Ying - A-jie! I was swimming by the lake they came there and ripped my clothes which I had put on the side. When I jokingly threatened them that ' I will tell Jiang shushu' even though I was not going to. They started fighting. I just fought to defend myself.

I looked at Madam Yu.

Lin - I believe my brother. If he said he didn't start the fight, then he didn't. He will not lie to me.

Madam Yu - So, you're saying they're lying to me??!!

Lin - It seems so.

Madam Yu - You ungrateful brat!! How dare you talk back to me??!! You should be grateful that I took you in!!

Lin - Let me correct you Madam Yu. You never took us in. Jiang shushu took us in. You just thinks of us as your anger reducer. Whenever you're angry. You lash out at us. And don't try to punish my brother again without knowing the whole story. Let's go A-Ying.

I don't know where the boldness came from but atleast I said the truth.