Ch. 26

Wei Lin's POV

Today is the lantern festival. Everything went by smoothly. Jiang Cheng, A-Ying and Jin Zixuan bonded too. At least they are not at each other's throat now. I fell more and more in love with Nie Huaisang. Lan Zhan and Wei Ying are more close than they were in the novel. Hua Cheng didn't come in A-Ying's dream again. I got quite close to Lan shushu. We are comfortable enough to talk about personal matters to each other. They discussed and reduced the rules to 1500. Idk what is in those 1500 rules but it's better than 3000.

So, I was saying it's lantern festival. I never really thought much about it back in Lotus Pier. But after knowing about A-Ying's dream it is definitely related to heaven. If it's lantern festival than they will definitely sit together. To watch who wins. Maybe I can ask them to visit me in my dream. So that I can talk to Hua Cheng. I don't have any other choice. This is my chance. As classes are coming to an end. Just a week. After that I have to go get Yin iron.

All the people are gathered at the back mountain of Cloud Recesses. Making lanterns. A-Ying and Lan Zhan are making theirs together. Obviously two not one. I am making with Nie Huaisang. As Jiang Yanli isn't here Jin Zixuan is making with Mianmian. And for some reason A-Cheng is making with Lan Xichen.

NH - What do you wanna make on it?

WL - Silver butterflies.

NH - Silver butterflies!?

WL - Why?

NH - You don't know who is the master of silver butterflies?

WL - Who?

NH - Hua Cheng. One of the four calamities.

WL - I don't think he is gonna hunt me down for making silver butterflies on a lantern.

After all I am making it for his highness.

NH - You're right.

WL - What about you? What are you making?

NH - A mermaid.

I looked at him surprised. He just smiled. So, I smiled back. My heart just skipped a beat. Oh my god! I am blushing too hard.

NH - You're blushing.

WL - Who do you think is the reason?

He laughed. I also joined him. When everyone completed their lantern. At sunset all of the people let their lanterns go. I clasped my hands and closed my eyes.

WL - 'In mind' Your highness. Greetings. Hope you can hear me. You must be enjoying the banquet with other heavenly officials. I don't wanna ruin the fun. It's just my brother recently had a dream of your husband. He didn't specifically told me it's Hua Cheng but the appearance he described was definitely him. I wanna talk about this hope you reply me somehow. By heaven official's blessing, no paths are bound.

And then I opened my eyes. Hope it works. I felt a stare and I looked to the side. I found Nie Huaisang staring at me. It made my heart skipped a beat. And I blushed.

WL - Why are you staring at me like that?

NH - You are beautiful.

WL - I know.

NH - Of course. I am just reminding you.

WL - Will you stop staring?

NH - I don't want to.

JC - Stop staring at Shijie like that.

We looked at side and found Jiang Cheng glaring at Nie Huaisang and Lan Xichen beside him smiling at us.

NH - I am not staring.

JC - You ar-

WL - Stop it.

After everyone was done, we gathered in a circle. Lan shushu give all of the students a free day. They can do anything  even if they are breaking the rules. Unless we don't cause too much troble. So, everyone decided to sit around the campfire at the back mountains. Everyone has their own groups. Of course me, A-Cheng, A-Ying, Nie Huaisang, Lan Zhan, Jin Zixuan and Lan Xichen are in one group.

WY - What should we do?

JC - Let's play the truth game.

WY - Wait. Let me bring alcohol.

WL - You are not going anywhere. We will not be able to ask everyone if they get drunk.

WY - The game will not be fun then. They will just choose to not answer.

WL - No. We will play truth and dare.

JC - Huh?

WL - If the person doesn't want to answer the question they can just do a dare given by the person who asked.

NH - Ok.

WY - Me. Me. I will ask first. Jiang Cheng.

JC - Why me?

WY - Do you have a crush on someone in our group?

Jiang Cheng got flustered.

WY - You can choose to not answer, you know?

JC - I don't trust you. Who knows what kind of dare will you give me? I have.

WY - Who is it?

JC - I have answered already.

WY - I can just ask you again.

JC - Nie Huaisang.

NH - Yes.

JC - Do you have a crush on our Shijie?

Everyone squinted their eyes on him.

NH - If you will look at me like that, how will I answer?

NH - Give me dare.

JC - Kiss a girl. Any girl would be fine.

WL - I don't think it's right? What if the girl doesn't want to waste their first kiss for someone she doesn't like?

JC - We'll find a girl.

Why do they want him to kiss someone so bad? I think it was quite obvious I like him. Then A-Ying stood up.

WY - Listen everybody! Our young master Nie here has to kiss a girl as his dare! Would someone like to take this opportunity!

Everyone started hooting. Then a girl came forward. She is acting shy. Back off girl, if you don't wanna die.

RG - I volunteer.

NH - But I don't. (whisperingwhispering while hiding behind his fan)

Everyone strated encouraging them to kiss. What the hell is wrong with everybody? I stood up. And it became silent. Everybody looked at me.

WL - I volunteer.

WY - Jie!

JC - Shijie!

Before anybody could say anything I pulled him by his collar and kissed him. And sat back down like nothing happened. Instead I am screaming inside. Boy, what do you expect I just kissed my crush. And that was my first kiss!

It was awkward for sometime. But everyone went back to whatever they were doing after sometime. Our group was pretty awkward at first too. But as the game continued we started having fun. And forgot about the kiss. Of course, I didn't. And by the looks of it Nie Huaisang didn't too. That night was one memorable night.