Ch. 25

Wei Lin's POV

What should I do now!? I can just run away but that's Lan Wangji. I can trust him right? Imma just go like this. I swam upwards and came out of the water.

LZ - Shijie?

I looked at him then turned and put the rabbits on the ground first. I turned to him again.

LZ - What-

WL - I know. You want to ask what am I? I am a mermaid. But I can turn human. I've been using Cold Pond for the past few days.

He didn't said anything.

WL - You wanna accompany me? I have something important to talk with your brother, father and Grandmaster Lan.

He nodded. Why isn't he talking to me? I got out. He also came out and stared at me.

WL - You gonna watch me change?

He got flustered.

LZ - I'll be that side.

He disappeared. I also went to a side and changed my clothes. I came out and saw him waiting for me.

WL - Let's go.

He followed silently. We were walking through the hallways.

WL - You're not gonna talk?

LZ-....

WL - Are you mad?

LZ - Why didn't you told me? You clearly don't trust me.

WL - It's not like that. Only A-Ying, A-Cheng, Shijie, Lan shushu and A-Sang know.

LZ - Father? Okay. Maybe because of Cold Pond. Nie Huaisang? How do you trust him more than me?

WL - Now, now. Lan zhan, don't insult my crush like that. And he is smart. He somehow learned about it and asked us.

He is pouting.

WL - Aww, I swear not even your brother know about this.

He nodded but he is still pouting. We came to Hanshi. I knocked. Zewujun opened it.

LX - Lady Wei and Wangji.

I saw Lan shushu and Grandmaster Lan inside.

WL - It seems like you're having a meeting.

LX - It's nothing. You are here for...

WL - I want to discuss something very important with you three.

I felt someone glaring at me. I looked to my side and saw Lan Zhan.

WL - Four. You four.

LX - Come inside.

We went inside. I put a silencing talisman. And sat down with everybody.

LQ - What is it?

This old man! I swear I hate him. Even Yu ziyuan changed. Can you talk to me politely? Lan shushu must have sensed what I was thinking.

QJ - Qiren, is that how you talk to people?

LQ - I apologize.

WL - I would've been very open if Grandmaster Lan wasn't here? (I whispered to Lan shushu)

He chuckled at that.

QJ - You want him to go.

LX - Go who? Where?

QJ - She was saying that she would've been more open if Qiren wasn't here.

LQ - You don't want me here, I'll go.

WL - Would you look at that? Isn't there a rule against acting too fast?

He sat back down.

WL - I said 'I would be more open if you weren't here'. I never said I don't want you here. I need to discuss this with an elder. Lan shushu. Yeah, okay. There should be more people to make  a discussion. And you're the only other elder I can trust.

I sighed after that.

WL - Now, what I was here for.

I took out the Qiankun pouch and put that on the table.

LZ - What is this?

WL - Yin iron.

All of them looked at me wide-eyed except Lan Zhan. As he has no clue.

LZ - What is Yin iron?

LX - It's a very dangerous thing.

He explained him about the Yin iron.

QJ - Where did you got this from?

WL - I was at the Cold Pond.

LQ - Why were you there? Only Lans are allowed there.

I looked at Lan shushu and Lan Zhan.

QJ/LZ - I allowed her.

I looked at both of them. What are you both doing!?

LZ - We. We allowed her.

I glared at both of them. And sighed.

LX - Do we need to know something?

WL - No. I don't think so. Let's continue. I was there when suddenly I got pulled inside the lake and fell into a cave. Where I met Ancestor Lan Yi. She gave it to me saying I have to protect it and also told me to get to the other Yin iron too.

LQ - Why would she tell you to do that?

Of course she never said I have to protect it. But I don't want them to be in danger.

WL - How would I know? Go ask her. It's your ancestor.

LQ - You-

QJ - Qiren. So, what are you going to do?

WL - I am gonna go find the other pieces.

LZ - I'll go with you.

WL - It's dangerous.

LZ - That's why.

LX - As Fuqin is taking care of the sect. I can accompany you.

WL - But-

QJ - No buts. They will go.

LQ - Why was I even here?

WL - To save your clan. Wen clan knows Lan clan has a Yin iron. They don't know it's with me. Get prepared for a war.

It became silent.

WL - I should go now.