47. sensitive soul

𝐀𝐆𝐄 : 11

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓 : 1 9 9 3

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 : shouting, mean scar

_________________________________

y/n's pov:
I'm playing with my horses and dolls upstairs in my playroom. Mom is taking me out grocery shopping today, normally i would stay with my auntie or my grandma but they aren't in town at the moment so i'm having to travel with her.

She's really stressed this morning, she was up late last night trying to make a food list but i know she won't stick to it. Maybe if i'm nice enough she'll get me a toy, i smile to myself thinking about a new toy being added to my collection.

"Y/N. Let's go!" Mom shouts from downstairs, i jump a bit at her voice because she doesn't usually shout, normally she'll come up knock on my door sweetly and come down with me.

"Y/N. I need to go!" She shouts again, i scramble to my feet and run downstairs and to the front door where i assume she was, as i run round the corner i bump into her causing me to slip on my bottom.

"Get up, stop holding me back" Mom says harshly, my heart pangs a bit at her tone because she's never like this and she's always super sweet, i've only ever heard her talk like this when i was younger and her and my dad used to argue.

"Sorry" I mumble getting back up to my feet and walking out the front door, mom slams it behind me and i hop into the car shutting the door, the wind making it sound a bit harsher than intended.

"Hey! No slamming door Y/n" Mom shouts again, i look down shamefully at my feet feeling that feeling in my chest again. My eyes stupidly tear up because the last time i was spoken to like this was when my dad used to speak to me, that's why they broke up.

"I'm sorry. I'm just really stressed" Mom sighs resting her head on the steering wheel, i sniffle nodding my head and wiping my cheek with my sleeve. Mom's head snaps up and she's turns her head around to look at me.

"Oh baby, please don't cry" Mom says softly leaning back and placing her hand on my knee giving it a gentle rub. I bite my lip to stop my tears but one falls straight onto my mom's knuckle.

"I'm sorry, i'm really sorry" Mom leans all the way back unbuckling my belt and lifting me over the controls and onto her lap, i shove my face into her shoulder and begin to cry gently, i hate how sensitive i am sometimes because i cry at almost everything.

"I'm really sorry, i promise i didn't mean to hurt you and i'm so stressed, that's no excuse but i'm just so tired sweetheart" Mom says, i feel a tear slip out her eyes and down my shoulder, i wrap my arms  around her neck and give her cheek an innocent kiss.

"It's okay" I whisper, she nods her head letting out a deep breath and patting my butt telling me to hop back into my seat. I crawl back over the car and into my seat buckling myself in again.

Me and my mom sit in silence the rest of the way to the shops, it's kind of awkward, normally we'd be singing or chatting but all mom was doing was staring in the mirror at me every few seconds.

"Let's go" Mom sighs, i slip out the back seat and round the car till i reach my mom, she usually grabs my hand because it can get busy but she just looks down at me and walks on.

I have to jog to keep up the pace with her, she slips her hand into her handbag pulling out her paper with her list on it. She sighs running a hand through her hair and looking down at it, she grabs a cart almost running me over with it as she turns.

"Mom you almost hit me" I gasp, she completely ignores me and continues walking on, i jog back over to her to keep up because this woman is power walking like no other.