55. her first tooth

𝐀𝐆𝐄 : 6

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓 : 1 9 5 1

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 :

_________________________________

scarlett's pov:
I'm in my car driving to pick my daughter up from school, it's only 10am but i'm on my way. The school phoned me and said Y/n has been none stop crying at her wobbly tooth that's been wobbling for a while.

I've been excited because i want it to come out and give her the whole tooth fairy experience for the first time but having to pick her up from school for it isn't as good.

Y/n likes to be very over dramatic sometimes, this situation is a perfect example here because i'm sure if she just stopped touching it she would be fine but she's always wobbling it with her finger making it worse.

I lock my car swinging my handbag over my shoulder and walk into the school gates, i go up to main reception and Y/n's sitting crying with her hand over her mouth. I make a forced coughing sound and Y/n looks up at me sadly before looking back down and continuing to cry.

"Come on" I say softly rubbing the top of my daughters hair as she stands up, she cries standing up and leaning into the side of me leaning all her weight on me. I bend down slightly hooking my arms under her legs and lifting her up into my arms, she buries her face into my shoulder wrapping her legs around my waist as i walk out the building it.

"It hurt really bad mama" Y/n mumbles, i rub her back bringing her back to the car and buckling her into her booster seat, she grips onto my shoulders not letting me out and i have to pry her hands off of me to get out.

"Y/n, calm down its just a tooth" I chuckle wiping her crocodile tears, she keeps on crying giving my her pout making me smile, kiss her cheek, and get into my driver seat. I drive us home with some low songs in the radio hoping that might calm my girls cries but it doesn't seem to work how i thought it would.

"Come on now, this is getting silly" I say unbuckling Y/n's belt and lifting her into my arms, i hold her backpack and carry both into the house setting Y/n down on the sofa with her bag beside it.

"Stop your crying, you've got out of school and your home now so you have no reason to be crying" I say gently placing my hands on Y/n's knees but she continues to cry with her finger in her mouth touching away at her tooth.

"It still hurt though" She sobs wiggling her finger, i sigh taking a hold of her hand and trying to pull it out her mouth but she whines trying to keep it in.

"If you've got your finger in your mouth then it's going to hurt, take it out" I say a little bit firmly, Y/n sulks and whines again removing her finger from her mouth, but that doesn't seem to stop the crying.

"Right what do you want Y/n, there isn't anything hurting you, do you want me to go get some ice?" I ask hoping that maybe getting something for her will try and calm her down a little bit, she nods her head falling sideways on the sofa and looking at the floor.

"And it does hurt!!" Y/n shouts after me as i leave the room, i roll my eyes going into the freezer and getting a bag of peas, i wrap them around a tea towel and bring it back into the living room.

"Here" I sit down beside Y/n and she sits back up cuddling into my side, suddenly my annoyment is gone and now i start to smile and i press the cold stuff on her face, she sighs with a hiccup and watches as i switch the Tv.

"Is that all better now" I hum running my fingers through her hair, Y/n looks up with me and gives me a gentle nod before looking back at the Tv, over time i have to stop myself from laughing.