56. he isn't coming back

𝐀𝐆𝐄 : 11

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓 : 1 9 8 9

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 : death, shouting, cancer mentions, fainting

_________________________________

scarlett's pov:
I wipe the remainders of my tears. I'm sitting on my bed, 11:21am i got a call saying that my ex husband has officially passed away.

He was battling cancer and if i say so myself he was so strong, he'd been in hospital for a few months and only seemed to be getting worse. He took his last breath at 11:02am this morning and i've been informed now.

i loved the man. I really did, we ended things because it just wasn't working anymore thankfully no hard feeling were done and Y/n had a happy father to live with at the weekends.

It's when i think about my sweet girl i start to cry harder, she is going to be so crushed. As much as she is a mama's girls she loved her daddy so much and it's going to break her tiny heart to hear he's no longer with us.

I start gathering myself up flattening my clothes and wiping my face, i apply some makeup at the bottom of my eyes to not show i was crying and make my way out the house.

The drive was painful and the car was filled with silence and it took everything in me not to burst out crying again, i turned into Y/n's school parking my car and made my way to the office.

"Can i please take my daughter out of school" I ask coming up to reception, i've never actually done this before and am unsure of what to do but i just go with the flow.

"Uh, we cant do that. She's here to learn, you can't just take her out" The receptionist says rolling her eyes and going back to her computer, something inside me boils and i step forward.

"My daughter dad has just passed away, if you do not call her up her so i can take her home then i will be walking to every classroom to find her myself!" I semi shout, the receptionist freezes in fear before asking for our names.

"Y/n. Y/n Johansson" I sigh rubbing my forehead, the woman nods and sends a voice note to my daughters teacher right away saying it was an emergency.

I wait an estimate of 30 seconds before my daughter is rushing down the corridors to me, i open my arms immediately greeting her and holding onto her tightly, she hugs me back slowly clearly confused as to what is going on.

"What's happening mommy" Y/n asks confused, i give her a soft smile that says i'll say you at home and kiss her cheek. I take her hand leading her out of the school and back to the car.

"Mama why have you picked me up from school, it's only half eleven" Y/n asks climbing into the back seat, i remain silent turning the engine on and reversing out of my space.

"Just wait till we are home" I say with a sad smile, Y/n nods her head looking out the window. She watches out the window the whole time until we arrive home, she follows me slowly into the house.

"Take a seat" I whisper, Y/n slowly sits down very confused. I kneel down in front of her holding her hands in mine, i bite my lips to stop my tears from spilling out.

"So, you know how when people pass away they go up to a place called heaven" I ask slowly choosing my words wisely, Y/n gives me a confident not.

"Well, i- uh- Y/n" I say sadly, i don't know what to say, i cant spring it onto her but i don't know how to approach this situation without scaring her completely.

"Yes mama" She asks lowly clearly understand that someone has passed away, i purse my lips leaning forward and lifting her down onto my lap.

"Daddy's gone sweet girl" I whisper swallowing the big lump in my throat, Y/n gasps very quietly and silence fills the room. I close my eyes waiting for a reaction before Y/n bursts out my arms rising to her feet.