9.

Ryujin entered the kitchen of her apartment and was surprised to find Jacob sitting at the breakfast table, with a hot cup of coffee in his hands. She hadn't even noticed Chan had someone over, too tired that she had passed out as soon as she had hit her bed.

"Good morning." Ryujin got her mug and filled it with the freshly made coffee.

"Good morning, Ryujin." Jacob raised his head in acknowledgement. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine. What about you?" She leaned in the kitchen counter and took a sip, watching him carefully.

"Good. I made pancakes, maybe too many." He chuckled nervously.

"You needed some stress reliever?" She grabbed a plate and piled a few on, before going to the table to sit across from the guy.

"What makes you think I'm stressed out?" He raised an eyebrow at her, almost challengingly.

"You keep rubbing your hands together and you're unable to keep eye contact with me, even if we are alone in this room and there are no other distractions." She kept on eating nonchalantly. "Last but not least, you needed to get yourself busy with doing something, not to linger on your thoughts."

"I thought you were a lawyer, not a psychologist." He scoffed and took a long sip from his cup.

"You learn how to read people's body language so you can use it to your advantage in the courtroom." Ryujin finished her pancakes. "I make you nervous, don't I? Or you just don't like me?"

"I don't know you enough to dislike you." He stood up to get a refill. "You're my boyfriend's best friend and we should get along."

"We could, if you hadn't been a total jackass with my girlfriend." Ryujin's tone was so cold and firm that Jacob felt like being in the Arctic. "I don't know who gave you the right to speak to her like that and, frankly, I could care less about your excuses." She finished her mug and stood up to be eye to eye with him. "We can try and be civil to each other for Chan's sake, but if you hurt him you're going to wish you had never come to Seoul." She moved past him to dump the mug and the plate into the sink.

"Is that a threat?" He gulped after having said that.

"Just a heads-up." Ryujin looked at him over her shoulder. "Thanks for the breakfast, Jacob." She disappeared into her room to get ready for the day.

**

"Thanks everyone, you did great tonight." The show director clapped enthusiastically behind the curtains and looked at the cast and the crew of the show, with a proud smile. "Have fun and see you in two days." With that said, she turned around on her heels and walked off stage, followed by her assistant and a couple of the crew members.

"Anything planned for tonight?" Donghyun walked up to Yeji, who was heading towards her dressing room to get her make-up off and change in her normal clothes.