11.

"Yeji, dear." She was expecting to be greeted by the party host, but it was actually her movie director. Jin pulled her in a quick hug and dropped a kiss on each cheek.

"Jin, thought you were off for your other movie premiere." She smiled fully, hiding the clear disappointment for having him there with them. She could barely stand him. "You remember my girlfriend, Ryujin?"

"Of course. We worked together last year, right?" Jin tried to pull her in a similar hug but Ryujin kept her hand out, for a simple handshake.

"I am afraid not, I am just a lawyer." Ryujin stepped closer to Yeji, who hugged her other arm with both hands and laced their fingers together.

"Oh dear, with a face like that it's a shame to keep you hidden." He faked a smile and turned to Yeji. "Does that work well with you? You could be starring together on screen."

"I just want what's best for Ryujin and if she's happy with her career, I will always support her." Yeji looked up at the raven-haired. "Like she does with me."

"You're so cute that I might get sick and start puking rainbows all over." He laughed at his own joke. "I'll let you mingle, don't forget to come find me later." He smirked. "Both of you."

"Will do." Yeji nodded for both of them and tugged Ryujin forward, towards the open garden where everyone was gathered.

"Is he always like that?" Ryujin whispered in Yeji's ear and held onto her hand.

"Even worse." Yeji nodded and leaned up to place a delicate kiss against her jawline. "You're okay?"

"Yes. Just promise me one thing?" Ryujin stopped to look at her before they crossed the open patio door. "Don't leave me alone with these people."

"Promise." Yeji beamed and leaned up to kiss her lips gently.

Ryujin cupped each side of her face to draw her in a longer and lingering kiss, that left them both breathless. That left them aching for something more, like another kind of promise that was meant to happen behind closed doors and in the safety of Yeji's hotel room.

"Yeji!" Lisa's voice interrupted their private moment. Yeji pulled from her girlfriend and took her by the hand, leading her across the perfect white grass towards the grill where everyone was gathered around.

"Lisa! Nice party you've got here!" She dropped Ryujin's hand to pull her in a welcome and desired hug.

"Glad you could make it, both of you." Lisa turned towards the raven-haired. "You must be the infamous Ryujin. Yeji can't shut up about you." She held her hand out and Ryujin was happy to shake it with firmness.

"Oh really now?" Ryujin raised an eyebrow at the brunette, who blushed under her gaze. "Hope all good things."

"Only the best ones." Yeji nudged her in the side. "Do you think I go around spilling your secrets? Those are only for me to know and use against you." She chuckled softly.

"Two can play this game, you know?" Ryujin leaned down to stare into Yeji's eyes, with an equally playful smirk.

"How long are you in town, Ryujin?" Lisa chuckled at their obvious flirty banter.

"Just until Monday, I need to be back to work in Seoul." Ryujin reached for Yeji's hand, lacing their fingers between them. "It was a last minute trip, really."

"But more than welcome." Yeji kissed her bicep and leaned against it. "Where's Jennie?"

"Somewhere around here, mingling or running after the kids." Lisa looked around for her wife, but she was nowhere to be found.