12.

Four weeks. Four weeks had gone by and she was finally going to take the weekend off and fly back to Seoul. Fly back to see Ryujin, who had arranged a romantic weekend just for the two of them. Not that she really wanted more than locking herself in the privacy of her apartment, preferably naked with the raven-haired woman.

"Eager to leave?" Lisa walked up to her, as she is filling her mug with some coffee. "It's your third cup of coffee and you usually don't drink it after noon."

"I want to keep myself awake." Yeji sipped from her mug. "Ryujin has made plans and I don't want to dampen the mood because I keep yawning or feel drowsy."

"Oh, you're flying back?" Lisa looked surprised. "So, you're not coming to dinner with us tonight?"

"What dinner? The one with the sponsors?" Yeji frowned. "Isn't it next week?"

Lisa was about to explain it herself, when Jin came out of nowhere followed by the usual two or three interns trying to get on his good side and leverage on his connections to make it into the business.

"Yeji, dear, have you seen the dress we picked for you? It's in your trailer." He pulled her in a quick hug.

"Jin, I am not coming." Yeji huffed. "I've got a plane to catch."

"Oh, where are you going? Some new project I should be aware of?" He smirked at her.

"You know where I'm going. I told you two days ago that I was going to take the weekend off and it was fine with you, what changed?" Yeji crossed her arms over her chest.

"One of the main sponsors couldn't make it next week, they're flying to Japan or something along those lines." Jin shrugged.

"Well, I can't tonight." Yeji left her cup on the refreshment table. "I'll ask Rina to arrange a thank you gift or something."

"So, this is how you're going to handle this movie promotion? I thought you'd believe in this project as much as we believed in you, when we chose you over the other actresses that auditioned for this role." Jin stopped her in her tracks.

"I love this project, but I also have someone waiting for me." Yeji looked at him.

"If she loves you the way she claims to, she'll come around." He said it in a way that made her teeth grit in frustration. "Mark will text you the address. 7PM sharp, don't be late." There was no more room for debate, since he walked away without glaring back at her.

"Ryujin will understand, Yeji." Lisa squeezed her shoulder in comfort and walked away, so she could have enough privacy to call her girlfriend.

The walk back to her trailer was not long enough to like the idea of canceling on their plans. It was not long enough to accept that she felt equally saddened that her evening wouldn't be spent with Ryujin in her arms, rather than with a group of pompous assholes too busy ogling down the front of her dress.

Dropping on the couch, she kicked her heels aside and reclined back, dialing the familiar number. Part of her wished Ryujin didn't pick up at all. But she wasn't that lucky.

'Hey you.' Ryujin's raspy voice filled her ears and her heart fluttered in her chest.

"Hey baby." She played with the ring Ryujin had given her. The one that held the promise they had made to each other. "You're still at work? Is it a bad moment?"

'I was about to leave, go home and freshen up quickly before coming to the airport.' She heard the rustling papers in the background, followed by a laptop being shut. 'What time is your flight again? Do I have enough time?'