Chapter 2:First day (part 2)

Alex pov:

The next day Leah came up to me before she went to her next class.She said that she forgot to tell me that during the week days the boys and girls are not allowed in each other's rooms after six. She told me that since I'm new, I am allowed to go to her dorm if I need help with something or in her words to hang out. She told me her dorm was right down the hallway because she forgot to show me. She's so forgetful.

My first night in my dorm was nice.The place was very beautiful. It was somewhat modern but had a little bit of an oldish style to it.

But there was one thing that I didn't understand. My roommate wasn't in the dorm.

Leah said I had one or was she talking about someone else. I didn't know.I wasn't really listening to her last night because I was so excited to be in my new dorm. But I went to his room and knocked to see if he was in there, but no one answered.

My first week went pretty smoothly. Saturday morning, I woke up about half past ten with someone knocking on the door. It couldn't have been my roommate because he would've had a key right.

So that means it was Leah. I stood up with my pj's and messy hair. I was at the door and opened it. Standing in front of me was my mother? "Hello, my dear!"she slightly screamed and hugged tight. She didn't call or text that she was coming to visit. I was only gone for a week.

Did she miss me that much where she had rides five to six hours to even get here. Well, it's fine because I did miss the way my mom bossed me around. She told me in a somewhat sad voice that she wanted to come visit before I get too busy to call or even text her. I told her she didn't need to worry over me.

She answered with a giggle and said,"I'm your mother. How can I not worry about my child."

We talked for about an hour or so. Before she left, she gave me her most famous blueberry cake with the sweetest vanilla icing. My mom is a well-known baker in my old town.My mom made good money out of her job ,but that doesn't mean she's rich.

Most of the money went to my father's debt he left her before he died. My mom wasn't happy about it, but what can she do. She didn't know about it. Sometimes, I did part-time jobs to earn a little bit of money for my mother, but she didn't like it, so she didn't take the money. It made me sad to see my mom not having the life she deserves.