Chapter 16

Party Night

Alex pov:

I tried to be quite when I opened the door for the dorm. It was early in the morning, probably almost five. I was still dressed in the clothes of last night.

Last night:

"Sam, do I look okay?" I asked coming out of his room with the black croptop on. "Omg, you look so good. I'm jealous." He said with a gasp, putting his hands by his mouth. "People are going to check you out. Make sure Marcus doesn't find out." He said in a teasing manner, placing his arm over my shoulders and his hand on my shoulder. "Shut up." I said with a laugh, lightly pushing him off me.

"What time must we be there?" I asked, taking my phone out. "I think so nine o'clock." Sam said, taking a sip of his wine. "It's already half past ten." I said, taking away his wine and pulling him by his arm. I hate being late. "I know you hate being late and all, but you can let go of my arm. Or you can hold my hand like normal people, don't you think." He said, seductively. "Maybe, but I'm not like normal people, am I?" I continued. We both ended up laughing when we got in the car. "You know I'm chill driver so, we're gonna be there at eleven." He said, starting the car.

"The place is ten minutes away, how can you turn it into a 30 minute drive?" I asked. "Easy. Before we go, we get coffee." He said, stopping by a café. "Isn't it closed?" I asked, the lights were off and I didn't see movement. "I called someone to stay late." He said, knocking on the door. Someone opened it. It was Marcus. "Hope you didn't forget to make them already." Sam said, giving him a smile. He looked nervous to me, maybe it's because I didn't tutor him in a long time.

I waved at him and he gave me a nod.

Marcus handed the drinks to Sam and we walked to the car. I could hear a slight relief when we were almost at the car. Did I do something? We got in the car and rode off.

●●●

"And we're here." Sam said, whilst stopping the car. We got out and I looked at the house. It was so big. "You've never seen a house this big? This is small, wait until you see my house." He said, with a grin. "Hi, there's my bestie. Did I sent you the wrong time by accident." Leah said, giving me a hug. She was acting so nice infront of everyone. "Why did you come in a overly long coat?" Leah asked, looking me up and down, confused. "Oh, well it was cold and..." Sam stopped me, "He's just trying to make an entrance." He continued. He dragged me away from Leah and into the house.

"You don't have to explain yourself to her, she's a bitch and doesn't think about anyone but herself." He said, giving me a smile. "One thing I learned from her, if she's trying to get with someone, get to them first. It will destroy her, because she's nothing else then a whore, who wants people to feel bad about themselves." He continued, he sounded hurt and caring. I wonder what she did to him. "Anyway, enough of depressing talk. Let's have fun and see how many guys will fall for you." He said with a sigh.

"Take off that coat." He said with a smile. "Fine." I said, rolling my eyes, whilst taking off the coat. "One way to rock this look, is by showing that you're confident in it. So if you're not then just forget the people, think about someone you like and you're dressed for them." He said, before opening the door. Sam immediately ran to someone who waved at him. I was on my own now. "Hey, are you lonely." I heard a man say behind me. "Yeah, my friend left me." I said, awkwardly. "Alex, right. I'm the one who invited you. I'm Kyle." He said, shaking my hand. "Yeah, I'm Alex. You got a nice house." I said, looking around.

"You don't have to be awkward around me. I know you don't know me, but I'll like to be friends." He said, giving me a welcoming smile. "Thanks." I said. "You want a drink?" He asked. "Yeah, sure." I replied with a small smile.

•••

Me and Kyle talked the whole night, but I kept an eye on Sam, to see what he was up to. But me and Kyle became friends really fast.

Few hours later:

"Hey, I think it's time, that I should get going." I said, putting down my drink. "Yeah, of course. Thanks for coming." He said, giving me a hug. I was surprised. I just giggled and went to find Sam. I found him, chatting with some girl. "Hey, I think it's time to go." I said, tapping on his shoulder. "Yeah, is everything ok. Did someone do something?" He asked, looking around. "No, I just want to go. I don't like being out for to long." I said, with a smile. "Ok, let's go." He said, taking the last sip of his drink.

"Leaving already?" We heard someone say behind us. "I knew that you won't stay for so long, just two hours." We looked behind us and saw Leah standing there. "Hey Alex..." Kyle came out with my coat. "Everything okay here?" He continued. "Kyle. What's up." Leah said, in the sweetest voice she could make. "Here's your coat Alex. Have a save drive." He ignored Leah and gave me my coat. "Thanks." I could feel Sam's eyes on me.

"Bye, see you Monday." He said, running back to the party. "Ugh." Leah, groaned and stormed off. "You made a friend, I see. "He said with a smirk. "Yes a friend, nothing more." I said. "Yeah, yeah. Don't want Marcus getting dumped." He continued. "Shut up." I said, with a laugh.

_______________________________________