Chapter 18

Marcus pov:

I open the door with a sigh. I walk in and all the lights were off. Except for a dim light coming from Alex's room. I could hear him talking to himself, but it's unclear what he said. But, I think he heard me come in, because the light disappeared. I walk to my room and fall on my bed. "Maybe I should tell him." I said. I sit up, "Tomorrow." I fall back.

•••

I woke up with people talking. I groan as I sit up straight. "It's probably Sam." I groan and stand up from my bed. I walk out of my room and see Alex with someone I never seen. I tried to stay quiet, but, "Who's this?" I blur out, waling closer to them. He wasn't tall and he was really skinny.Alex looks at me, his eyes look swollen. I wanted to ask him why he cried, but,"Hi, I'm Kyle." He says, stretching out his hand. "I don't shake." I groan. "His here, because he needs help with one of his classes." Alex says, grabbing Kyle's hand and standing infront of him. Is that why he isn't tutoring me anymore? Is it because of him? I thought. "Oh, sorry then." He says.

"Don't worry, it's a one time thing. We can start tomorrow with your tutoring." Alex says, placing his hand on my shoulder. "I-..." I tried saying, but nothing came out. "Nevermind." I say and walked off. I shut the door behind me and sit on my bed.

Alex pov:

"So what are you struggling with." I ask, sitting down on my bed. As Kyle sat down my phone started to ring. I look down at it and saw my mother calling me. "Sorry, I have to take this." I pick up my phone and walk to the living room. "Hey mom. What's up?" I say with a smile on my face. "Hello darling. Are you busy?" She asks. I can only imagine the smile on her face. I know I said, I would text her every night, but I've been to tired during the weeks, mostly when I had to stay up late, helping Marcus with his work.

"No, not at all. Why?" I say. "Okay, I'm at the door then." She says with a giggle. "I'm going to be staying here for the weekend."

"What." I throw my phone on the couch and run to the door. Maybe I was a little to loud, because Marcus and Kyle came out the rooms they were sitting in. But Marcus came up to me, to look if I was alright. I look up at him and then at my mom, who grinned at the sight in front of her. "So is the your roommate honey?" She says, crossing her arms. "Yes, he is." I say, with an awkward smile. "And that boy behind you." She points with her finger. I look behind me, I forgot about Kyle. "That's Kyle." I say, holding my hands together. "Is he your boyfriend?" She asks, with a smirk on her face. "No, no. I'm helping him with some of his work." I say, my face turned red from the embarrassment.

"Oh well." She sighs. She walks in the dorm, pushing me against Marcus. Marcus's hands rap around me. I look up at him and he looks at my mom annoyed. I let out an awkward giggle and pull away from Marcus. "You guys have a nice place." She says, sitting on the couch. "Thanks, but I have question?" I say. "Yes, honey. What is it?" She says, taking something out of her bag. "Why are you here? I told you if you want to come, you should let me know." I say, sitting next to her. "Well, I did let you know." She forces something in my hands. I look down at the blueberry cake she forced in my hands and then back up at her. I felt really annoyed.

"That doesn't mean when you're at my door." I let out an annoyed sigh. "Mom, can you come back tomorrow. I don't have the energy for this. So please go." I say, placing my head on my plam and pointing at the door. I could feel her gaze on me. Did I do something wrong. I mean, she did come here without telling me. I look up at Kyle, "You too, Kyle." I say, standing up and walking to my room.

Marcus pov:

No wonder he was so tired. When I walked in the dorm, the dishes were done. I was planning on doing them the moment I get home, but he beat me to it. And I didn't expect Kyle to be here either. I saw him walking up and down the hallways today. He probably needs some space to himself. Maybe he doesn't go to his classes tomorrow.

_______________________________