Chapter 14

Bonding

Alex pov:

I opened my eyes, blinking a few times so that I could see in front of me without a blur. I sat up with a groan, rubbing my head. "Headache?" I heard someone say at my door. I looked up and saw Sam. "What are you doing here?" I asked, looking confused. "I came here after I heard you got hella drunk last night, so I wanted to check up on you." He said with a soft smile. He walked closer and sat on the side of my bed, handing me a cup of warm water. "Drink this. It will help with the headache." He said. "I'm going to be taking care of you today, so that means watching movies and getting to learn about each other." He said with a smile, climbing over me.

He sat next to me, under the blanket and turned on the tv. "If you need anything, just tell me. I'm super caring." He said but then burst out laughing. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't lie to you. I'm not caring at all." He said laughing between his words. I just giggled with him. "Do you want to go a café, because this is going to get very boring, real fast." He said. "Yes please. I'm not of a movie person." I said, getting up from my bed. "Thank god. You and me are already good friends." He said, putting his arm around me with a smile.

"You get dressed and I'll wait for you outside." Sam said and walked off. It wasn't long till I heard Sam cussing someone out in the hall. I quickly got my shoes on and walked to the front door. "What's going on here?" I said looking at Sam worried. "This asshole came up here and started talking trash about me in my face. I never even seen her, in my life." Sam said all annoyed, crossing his arms. I looked in front of me and saw Leah standing there. "Leah. What the hell are you doing here?" I asked in an annoyed tone in my voice.

"Are you friends with this guy and ps, we were in the same classes in high school." She said crossing her arms and looking Sam up and down, with disgusted in her face. "Wait, aren't you that girl that wanted every boys attention." Sam said with an evil grin. "Didn't I steal your man by accident." He said with an evil smirk. "So you left me for him, Alex. Do you know I much I did for you Alex." Leah said, trying her best not to cry. "Wait you guys were friends?" Sam asked, turning his head to look at me. "Not just friends, but best friends." Leah said. "Can you not be so loud Leah. My head hurts." I said. "And you're the one who ran off, because I stole your man." I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Well, you did technically take Marcus away by throwing yourself onto him." She scoffed. "You had sex with Marcus?" Sam yelled in excitement whilst turning his head to me. "What? No. I fell onto him when I needed to get our presentation on the counter. I didn't notice he was there." I said in a panic, my cheeks turning red. "That's boring. You guys would be so good for each other." Sam said with a pout. "What? I only see him as my roommate. He was a total dick to me when we first met." I said. "You aren't wrong, he can be a total dick..." Leah stopped Sam in the middle of his sentence.

"Hello? Did you guys forget that I'm standing here. But anyway, I was here to come get Alex. He was invited to some boys party. He's quite popular and he wants you there for some reason." Leah said looking at her nails. "This early?" Sam asked. "No. Who throws a party at this time. I have to get him ready. Since he's a country boy after all." Leah said with a smirk. "If you can't get me with Marcus then atleast get me with this one and since all the boys are wanting you, you can make a good impression of me." She said in a high pitch tone in her voice with a smile before walking off. "The party starts at nine, so don't be late." She yelled down the hallway.

"So, are you going? You are not good with alcohol and you don't even know this guy." Sam said, looking worried. "She didn't say anything about bringing a plus one." I said with a smile. "I love how you think." Sam said and we started walking down the stairs.

The mall:

"So, coffee first or clothes?" I asked. "Definitely coffee. I need energy to start shopping." Sam said with a smile. "So, what are we going to wear. Something elegant, something formal or something sexy? Personally, I like to go sexy, because you never know who you might meet." Sam said whilst checking through the clothes. "I never went to a party. It's  my first year back here in ages." I said rubbing the back of my neck. "Really? So that's why you're not good with alcohol." Sam said with a giggle. "Well now you have me and not that bitch Leah helping you." He said taking out a piece of clothing.

"Here, try this. It's a black croptop with a turtleneck." Sam says, handing it to me. He drags me to the fitting rooms and closest it.

•••

Sam pov:

"How long are you going to take. It's just a shirt." I said with a sigh. "I'm embarrassed. This isn't me." Alex said. He sounded shy. "So, you're telling me that you've been done this whole time." I asked. "Yes." He said softly. "Just come out. We're the only ones here." I said. "Fine." Alex said, opening it and walking out, his one hand holding his other arm, covering his stomach. "Oh my god. You look amazing. Better then me and let me tell you, I can pull anything off. We have to get it." I said jumping off my seat and walking up to him.

"Are you sure?" Alex asked, his cheeks red. "Fine. You don't have to where it to the party, but please get it. You look so cute in it." I said with a smile. "Fine, just because you are coming with me to this party." Alex said with a small smile.
___________________________________

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it.