Chapter 17

Alex pov:

I hope I didn't wake him, when I came in this morning, I thought to myself as I was opening the door, yawning whilst stretching my arms out. As I opened my eyes, I saw Marcus in the kitchen, his back facing me. He was one the phone, I could hear him chuckle. That was rare to see, in my opinion. I walked passed him to get to the fridge. As I was looking in the fridge for a drink, I heard Marcus say goodbye to the person on the phone. He placed his phone on the counter. I felt his gaze on me, that made my hairs on the back on my neck stand up.

It was silent for a while before Marcus cleared his throat. Was he nervous to say something. "Hey, uhm, are you going to tutor me tonight or are you busy?" I heard him ask behind me. His voice sounded a little scratchy when he spoke. "Uhm, yeah we can." I said, not turning around. I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable since he doesn't want to speak to me. I mean, I think he doesn't want to talk to me, by the way he acted last night. "Ok, cool. See you tonight. I'm off to work." He said, grabbing something and left. I let out a sigh.

That interaction was unpleasant. I was used to him talking non-stop. But after the night at the club. I noticed that he kept distance from me. And it made me feel a way I can't explain. And it drove me mad. There are many feelings I had around Marcus since day one. I smiled at my thoughts, but it suddenly disappeared. What if I said something that night I was drunk. I thought. Should I apologize? I don't know what to do. I've never been in this situation.

I took out my phone and quickly called Sam over.

•••

"Took you long enough." I said, standing at the front door. "Well, I need my coffee." He said, closing the door behind him. "Anyway. Why did you call me in a hurry?" He asked, taking a sip of his coffee. "Do you remember if I said anything to Marcus that night at the club?" I asked. "You guys talked alot that night. I can't remember everything." He crossing his arms. "No, I mean when I was drunk." I said, annoyed. "Oh, you got the wrong person." "What?! What do you mean the wrong person?" I asked, confused. "He doesn't tell me anything. I only talk to him, because he has this one hot friend. And I want a piece of him. But don't get me wrong. Marcus is a kind person, so he grew on me. I'm not a dick after all." He said with a grin.

"Okay, then. Who does he talk to about his life crisis?" "Kelly." He says. "Can you take me to her?" I asked. "Why do you want to know so bad about that night?" He asks. "I think Marcus is mad at me. And I think it's about that night." I said, holding my one arm. "Oh. I get it." He says with a grin. "Can you?"
"No."
"What, why." I ask with a pout. "You can ask him yourself." He said and walked out of the dorm. "Ugh. What now."

•••

Sam pov:

"Hey. Is Marcus here?" I asked, as I walk up to the counter. "Yeah, why?" Kelly asks, while handing a drink to a girl. "I've got info." I said, basically singing the words. I grin quickly appeared on Kelly's face. "Tell me more."
"Ok, but when the Café closes." I said with a grin.

•••

Kelly walks to the doors and flips the sign around to say closed. She turns around with a grin on her face. "Oh, Marcus." She sings his name. "What do you want?" He said with a groan. "Come here." She says, whilst jumping onto the counter, crossing her legs. Marcus walks in the room from the backroom. "What?" He asks with a frown. "Our dear Sammy has something to tell us." She says. "Make it quick. I have to be at my dorm tonight." He says. Kelly and I look at each other. "Why?" I ask. "Alex is going to tutor me tonight, so you can wipe that smirk off your stupid face." He says, leaning against the counter.

"Ow, harsh." I say, grabbing my chest. "Can you just tell me already." He says with an eye roll. "Fine. Did Alex say something to you that night, when he was drunk?" I ask. Marcus face instantly turned red. He clears his throat, "Why do you ask?"
"Alex asked me." I said, looking at Kelly. "What did he say?" He asked. "What did he say to you?" I ask. "Nothing."
"Then why are you so tense?" Kelly asks, with a smirk on her face. "You didn't tell me that day." She continues.

"You guys are being suck a dick right now. "He says. "Just tell u-"
"We kissed. Okay, we kissed. Nothing else." He blurs out. "You what?" Kelly asks in shock. "Yeah. I feel shit for it. I know it's only a kiss, but he wasn't in his right mind. So I stopped before we did more." He says. "Wow, asshole. I didn't think you had it in you. Is that why you kept distance from him?" I asked. "Yeah." He said with a sigh. "Are you going to tell him?" Kelly asked. "I don't know." He says. "Well, be prepared. His probably going to ask you stuff when you go to your dorm." I said. "Oh, and can you give me your friends number?" I asked, but Kelly shove's my shoulder.

"Don't bother. He already has your number." He said, looking down at the ground. "He beat me to it." I said. "Aren't you supposed to be at a tutor session?" Kelly asked. "Shit." He said and ran out the Café.

_____________________________________