Many Happy Returns

Violet inhaled roughly, coughing up water as she groaned, hair blocking her view as she struggled to keep her head above water.

"CLARKE!" She yelled, "ANYA!" 

She heard a faint voice, so quiet she couldn't tell whether or not she had imagined it, doubting herself before a pair of arms wrapped around her torso, pulling her along. "I'm here, I got you!"
"Anya?"

"I'm right here."

Anya pulled her onto the rocks a few feet out, standing her up as she checked over her body for any serious injuries, and pulled her hair out of her face, tying it back with a strip of fabric that had ripped off of her shirt. 

"Where's Clarke?" Violet coughed.

"You're bleeding." Anya spoke, wiping blood off of her face with her sleeve as Violet pulled away. "I'm okay, it's just a scratch." 

"Yu laik a yong gona." Anya whispered, holding onto her hand as she started walking down the rocky shore line.

"What does that mean?"
"Young warrior."
"Me?"
"Mhm."
"Thank you, for saving me."
"Don't thank me. I did what was right. I wasn't gonna let them take you, it was just a plan."
Anya's voice was stern, with little emotion in it.

"Clarke!" Violet let go of her hand, running up the shore, twenty yards or so, falling onto her knees next to a figure in the distance as Anya ran up to her.

"Is she dead?"
"No, she's not dead. She's unconscious." Anya grabbed her hands, dragging her onto the rocks as she let go of her, sitting down next to her as she regained consciousness, coughing up water and gasping.
Violet sat down next to her, leaning her head on Anya's shoulder, picking at the scrapes and cuts on the palms of her hands.
"Thank you." Clarke whispered, sitting up slowly as she winced. "I think we should go back to the dropship first."
Anya sighed, Violet picking up her head as she grabbed a stone in her hands, turning towards Clarke as she hit the side of her head with it, a thick gash now on the side of her forehead.
Violet stood up, backing up as she looked on in fear.
The same person who had just saved her from drowning, had just smacked Clarke with a rock, breaking open the skin on her head.
"We're not going back to your dropship. You killed three hundred of my warriors, I can't show my face without a prize." She swung her body over Clarke, holding her down as she tied her arms together with a thick piece of fabric.
She stood up, looking at Violet, forgetting that she had  even been there at all. 
"Just stay quiet, don't argue and I'll make sure my people don't hurt you." She grumbled.
She nodded her head silently, following them as Anya stood Clarke up, pulling her into the forest.