Chapter 11

The music playing in the cramped contraption muffled the sound of the bell as it traveled from floor to floor. The short haired raven was casually leaning against the frame of the lifting device with his arms resting across his chest whilst growing more annoyed by the intense gaze from the brunette who was sharing the temporary space with him and conspicuously adjusting the top of her smock in attempt to gain his attention.

Keeping his eyes fixed intently on the wall where the numbers changed precisely to coincide with the floors as they traveled, the young man sighed heavily, his mind trying to prepare for the surmise reality of the past month's events.

As soon as the steel doors opened, allowing him to exit at the designated floor, his dark brown Prada Spazzolato leather boots swiftly led him down the hall following the signs for the Medical Recovery Unit. The strong smell of antiseptic was stifling the scent of his expensive cologne, causing his nerves to stand on edge even more.

Regardless that they often spoke regularly by telephone, there was an overwhelming need for reassurance that his onīchan was recovering well. The older raven was important to him, a hero, his mentor and the only one who could understand the struggles of being a prodigy of a prestigious family. Unbeknownst, the young Uchiha was aware of the clandestine efforts of his brother to shield him from the relentless demands of their father, choosing to shoulder the burdens of the prerequisites himself.

Upon entering the room, a hushed hum could be heard coming from a fan unit and Sasuke found himself facing a pale sleeping Itachi in a reclined position. His leg still in a cast, propped on pillows and a slight grimace etched across his face. The sight of witnessing the agonizing discomfort, which was a rarity for the Uchiha, triggered the younger's heart with anguish.

Not wanting to disturb him, Sasuke slouch down into the sofa and rested his head against the cushions endeavoring to relax. Letting his mind wander and reminisce for a few minutes until he eventually found himself drifting asleep.

"Sasuke?"

The younger Uchiha's mind was quick to hear the weak call of his brother.  Blinking open his eyes and not even taking time to stretch, he pushed himself off the couch and hurriedly made his way to the side of the bed.

"...Hn." Sasuke greeted, squeezing Itachi's hand, causing a weak chuckle from the long haired raven.

"Father finally let you come" he uttered tiredly trying to wake up his body whilst noticing the worry in Sasuke's eyes.

"Yeah...I kinda insisted." He found himself snickering at the memory of the argument he had with their father. "I'm going to attend the annual preliminary meetings with Kakashi while I'm here. He felt that the observation would be good for me for whenever I have to assist next year." He said while rolling his eyes.

Nodding his head in agreement as he adjusted the bed. "Good...I'm confident that you'll make the Uchiha name proud," chortling at the expression on Sasuke's face. "Anyway, I'm glad that you'll be in Japan for awhile," he said wincing as he tried moving into a more comfortable position then resting a hand on top of his cast, his thigh and hip aching from the therapeutic regimen from the day before.

"...How are you feeling?" Asking in a serious tone, knowingly that Itachi would attempt to make light of his condition. It was a given trait of the long haired raven being the eldest of the two, feeling the need to be strong and looking out for the other.

He knew that the accident had affected the younger raven and although he had friends none of them were considered close enough to be a confidant; Itachi was always his 'go-to' for everything. "As well as can be expected, I suppose. Some days are better than others but the doctors say I'm mending...it's just the process will be a slow one.