Chapter 38

Chapter 38 (Celine Dion's These Are The Special Times)

After dinner and one last feeding of the twins and a bedtime story for Cho, Itachi insisted that they head back to bed and get so sleep as well. 

"Come on we need to sleep whenever they're sleeping."  Offering a hand to help the blonde stand which Naruto accepted graciously.  There was a time in the past he would have fought the raven on going to sleep but who knew that childbirth would leave the body feeling achy and like a rag doll.  His abdomen still cramping which he expressed his complaints to the latter as they retreated to the master bath to brush their teeth and ready themselves for bed.

Already changed into his pajamas Itachi fussed over the sleeping babies making sure they were comfortably snuggled in their bassinets before he walked into the bathroom and found Naruto gripping the ledge of the sink so tightly that his knuckles had turned white with his head hung low trying to catch his breath.  He quickly moved behind him so that he wouldn't fall until the pain passed and Naruto was looking up in the mirror whilst holding onto the paler's wrists to support himself as he slowly straighten his body.  The blonde leaned back into Itachi's chest as large hands made their way over the still swollen belly rubbing elongated strokes over it.  Naruto groaned out in relief the cramps slowly ebbing away.  "That was weird."  He said resting his hands on top of pale ones his body responding favorably to the analgesic massage. 

"Remember the doctor said that this would happen because your uterus is trying to return to its normal state and especially in your case might be unpleasant for a few weeks." 

"Yeah. I just didn't think that they would be that bad."  He said moving their hands over the lower area of his bloated abdomen that still made him look pregnant just not with multiples.  "That one actually took my breath away." 

"Maybe the heating pad and some oxygen will help with the uncomfortableness."  The raven suggested embracing the other closer to him. 

"And a back massage?"  Naruto frowned peering at his husband in the mirror. "It's still bothering me."  His puppy eyes irresistible.

"Anything for you, love."  Gaining a smile from his husband.  Naruto couldn't fathom at times just how good this man was to him. Pampering and taking care of him.  "Love you so much." 

"Love you more."  Itachi said leaning down and capturing chapped lips in a kiss that left them both breathless when they parted.  "Come on let's get you on some heat and that back a massage."  Pulling them to the bed where he helped Naruto into it and onto his side slipping the heating pad underneath his stomach and the oxygen mask over his face.

"Just think, in a couple of weeks, your body will be back to normal."  He supplies kneading at the knotted muscles of the blonde's lower back. 

"Hmm, can't wait."  Naruto sighed at the relief he was feeling all over and his breath falling in sync with the oxygen tank.  After a few minutes he was sound asleep.  Itachi did one last check on his sons before making himself comfortable beside his mate.  He turned on the baby monitor so that Iruka would be able to hear the infants when they wake up for the next feeding.  The brunette was insisting upon helping out with the nightly feedings so Naruto could rest as much as possible. 

Naruto woke with a jolt about two hours later to particularly strong cramps. "Ngh."  He groaned in discomfort trying to sit up with a bit of difficulty.  Itachi woke up hearing him and turned on the bedside light.  "Maybe some painkillers will help?"  Suggesting out of concern at the pained expression covering the tan face.  "She said Ibuprofen is safe to take."  Naruto nodded shifting and trying to find a comfortable position which seemed incapable of when every part of his body was crying out for relief for some unknown reason. Something just didn't seem right but he didn't know what.  He watched Itachi grab his cane and leave the bedroom to retrieve the medicine.