Chapter 16

Song:  Anyway by weloveyouwionna

The arrival of the Uchiha parents went, well one could say, uneventful.  They hadn't seen much of Fugaku since his arrival, on account of attending meetings and dinners with clients.  Naruto was somewhat nervous about having any encounters with the elder for the simple fact he WAS sleeping, eating and breathing under the patriarch's roof.  Oh...and let's not forget to mention head over hills in love with his eldest son. 

Despite everything seemingly calm, the blonde couldn't shake the feeling of an eventual disaster about to happen, like a tsunami waiting to free it's stilling surge.  Itachi had swallowed into himself, becoming passively quiet, leaving the blonde wanting to draw him out to address the deep seeded issues concerning his father, but abandoned the urge deeming it best to wait.

Itachi had been waiting for this day ever since the surgeons had put the encased coffin on his leg.  It was coming off and they were doing a MRI to make sure everything was healed.

While waiting for him, Naruto and Ino took the opportunity to catch up.  It seemed like forever since they had had a chance to talk or even hangout, her time currently being consumed working with a group of doctors in Australia.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee was always a beguiling invitation to meet so they found themselves huddled in a small booth at the hospital's cafe.

Ino was someone that Naruto shared everything with especially when it came to relationships, not that he had ever been in any serious ones but throughout the years he had had his share of crushes.  Kiba on the other hand was more of the protective type, quick to threaten anyone who even dared to 'play' with him or treat him unjustly.  So to protect the Uchiha from any potential wrath from the dog lover Naruto felt best to keep his love life hush-hush for a little while longer. 

Squealing into her hands so not to disturb the patrons around them. "I can't believe you kissed him."  Her eyes dancing with excitement and begging for him to tell more.

He had never dreamed of falling for a patient, knowing the risks involved of not maintaining professional boundaries.  But when it came to the paler, staying within those boundaries seemed impossible.  His apprehensions diminished when Sasuke talked to him after Itachi's panic attack.  After that day, he felt an inclination to show the Uchiha how much he wanted him in his life.

"I was so nervous and scared that I thought I was going to vomit." He softly chuckled. His voice drifting, giving his best friend a mesmerized look. "But then when he kissed me back, it was like...I don't know, the euphoria was incredible."

"Yeah, it's always the first kiss that's seems so unforgettable!"  She sighed, peering out the window that their table sat in front of as a memory was invading her mind. "It took you long enough to get your first kiss!"  She said shoving him in his arm, the two giggling whilst he was blushing from embarrassment.

He was used to being teased by her, she was forever trying to hook him up with a friend or coworker that she thought would be a good match for him.  "I'm glad he was my first." He admitted dreamily, feeling his heart fluttering.  "He's  gorgeous, kind, generous and just...remarkable."

"And not to mention rich!"  She titter a little louder than she had expected.

What he felt for Itachi was a quixotic abstract outweighing any crush that he ever had in his lifetime. A connection bridling his soul that poured deep into the abyss of his being. 

Blowing the steam floating from his latte before testing it with a sip.  "He could be poorer than poor and it wouldn't matter to me.  There's something about him that I can't put into words.  It's like we fell into this idyllic familiarity."