Chapter 19

Song: A Song For You by Simply Red

Jade eyes followed the muscle toned body walking with a cane to sit at the mahogany desk centered in the middle of the room. The raven liked the design of his office with windows wide and that stretched to the length of the ceiling, allowing him to see the sky no matter where he sat in the room. There was a large leather couch in a corner and a glass oval table in front of it with a authentic sculpted piece of art sitting on top. A small liquor bar to the left similar to the one in Kakashi's office and a private bathroom to the opposite side of the bar.

Taking his time getting situated, he refused to permit her presence to immerse him into a mental collapse. He had finally found closure surrounding the death of Shisui, thanks to his father and he was becoming at peace with the emotional parallels of his life. Albeit to missing his childhood friend, the saudade of his dying promise of being with him in spirit always gave him solace knowing that Shisui no longer suffered in pain, or from the broken heart that wore him down over the years.

Not ready to address the elephant in the room even if he was being scrutinized silently, he loosened his tie and adjusted the picture frame on his desk. It was a photo of him and Naruto that was taken the day after their engagement in Australia. He had never been so happy in all of his life until the moment those cyan eyes that captivated him from the start said yes to marrying him. Once he had the crystal frame to where he could see it at a glance, he leaned back into his chair crossing his arms over his chest.

He didn't think that he could ever stop hating her or even begin to forgive her, but for a brief moment her features bore evidence of stable depravity which disturbed the young Uchiha.

"I will. Once I get my money." She seethe venomously once she realized that the man was giving her his attention. She had been beside herself with fury when the attorneys settled her late husband's estate, the outcome leaving her blood boiling like lava spurting from an angry volcano. Having worked for Uchiha Fukagu since he was a teenager, the generous tycoon had educated Shisui in the importance of investing, therefore she was beyond perturbed when the lawyers had gone over the legalities of the estate where she was left with nothing.

"I have no clue what you're talking about." Itachi spoke truthfully. Her demand penetrating his mind forcing it to retrace her words heedful that his ears had actually heard her correctly.

The evil laugh under her breath alerted him of her unhinged mentality and he instinctively watched with caution as she stood up to walk towards one of the windows. Long thick cinnamon hair hung to the middle of her back and her stance was that of a mistress desperate to lure in her prey. "The Uchiha reputation that have been built on honor runs deep in the clan's bloodline does it not?" She questioned, refusing to turn her focus from the glass. The woman consciously knew that she was stepping on thin ice with challenging something that the family abided by regardless of any obstacles that arose but she had reached a point of desperation and frankly was unconcerned. "You wouldn't want to be the first to shame your ancestry as a thief now would you?"

The charge was a self-evident blow to Itachi and his irritation towards the uninvited guest was rising to its peak of limitation. "I'm unaware of your accusations, Karin," he growled feeling his blood pressure rising.

She turned with an edge of spite to face the obsidian eyes, "I'm not going to play along with your fake facade of stupidity, Itachi!" Her vocals carrying the same malice that was coursing through her body, not caring at this point if anyone else heard her.

"I have no idea what you're talking about! Now GET OUT before I call security!" Itachi retaliated picking up the phone ready to hit the call button for a guard.