Chapter 15

Song: Stop and Stare by One Republic

Naruto had plans of taking a cab to the countryside where he would be officially staying for the next several months but whenever Sasuke had heard of it, he was entirely against it, sending a driver to his apartment complex to pick him up.  He felt half ashamed as the man looked between the large over stuffed orange carrier and the spacing of the trunk, as if he was trying to calculate how it was going to fit.  In his defense, it wasn't like he was going for a sleepover at Ino's or Kiba's house, he was moving over an hour away into the Uchiha home, therefore needing ALL of his things.

The driver with all of his strength heaved the heavy suitcase into the trunk then informed him that there was no room for the smaller bag that the blonde was sporting over his shoulder.  After many apologies accompanied with a blush, Naruto put it on the floor across from him in the back seat.

The ride was boring for him until they reached the city's limits where the scenery changed.   So, he rolled down the window to allow the cool fresh crisp air to hit his face and drown his lungs.  He loved this time of year, watching in wonder as nature removed her protective blanket encouraging the earth to renew itself.

After the security guards at the gate cleared them for entry, the car proceeded to turn onto a long driveway, leaving Naruto lost for words as they pulled up to the secluded mansion embosomed along a beautiful lake, where willows wept precisely at it's side. The house was surrounded by gardens evident with the evolving of springtime soon to bloom in their beauty.  The stoned walkway was littered with flowering bushes of a variety of colors and a small koi pond which invited lilies to dance on the surface.  The bonsais and the landscape were immaculately cared for regardless that there had been a cold season.

Living in the city with only room for an herb box and a potted tomato plant, the world before him was like a dream.  His parents kept a small garden with cherry and pear trees along with a strawberry patch that produced the sweetest berries he had ever tasted. He would find himself spending more time with them when the fruit was ripe for picking, only to return home every time with a belly ache from gorging on the succulent fruit. He would give anything to have space for a small garden but for the time being the sacrifice was worth not having the additional commute by train.

Halting in front of the steps, his gaze was captured in awe at the architectural design.  The roof having intricate traditional angles with a modern contemporary face that married huge windows allowing a panoramic view of the lake and the surrounding mountains. 

Sasuke emerged from behind the door startling Naruto from his amazement.  "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He said smirking but eager to help him with his luggage. 

Sasuke had been watching from the window and found it comical as he observed the golden mop struggling up the walkway with the carrier in tow.

It appeared fully packed by the looks of the bulging sides and the length of time it had taken Naruto to drag it to the front of the house.  Sasuke couldn't fault him for packing so much bearing in mind that he would be staying with them as Itachi's personal therapist for the next six months, maybe even longer. 

The hospital's chief of staff and CEO were quick to grant the request from Fugaku for Naruto's leave of absence without any disruptions to his position or seniority. They didn't dare deny the elder Uchiha, well aware of the family's annual contributions to the medical facility.

"Thanks." Naruto said shyly, desperately trying to hide his embarrassment from the failed attempts to lift the enormous bag up the steps.  Even with the baggage having a handle and wheels, it was still awkward and heavy for him in comparison to his petite frame.