[35] His Wooden Plaque

April 17, 2023

Continue your travels?

-

[Yes] or [No]

.
.
.
.

Successfully picked the option yes!

Now loading...

------------

------------

Third Person POV

"Well? Satisfied?"

[Reader] asked nonchalantly as Ayato hummed to himself, drowning in his office chair as he practically inhaled the fruit drink given to him.

He exhaled. "Very..."

[Reader] smiled widely, taking her time to look around Ayato's room and how pleasant it looked with the frequent crumpled papers on the floor and scattered books.

She picked one up in interest, opening it and flipping the pages in a steady movement.

Ayato didn't mind. In fact he found himself catching a glimpse at her amidst his work and writing.

She could inhale the smell of the paper as she flipped to the next page, smiling as she's always loved the smell of books.

"That reminds me, how did you like your birthday cake?" She looked up, catching him already looking at her and averting his eyes like he was doing nothing.

She smirked teasingly. "You know you're free to look at me whenever you want."

She propped her elbows on Ayato's desk and leveled her face to his, successfully catching his imminent attention.

Deciding to touch a purple strand of her hair out of curiosity, he spoke up. "The cake was delicious, but it's a shame you weren't there."

"Haha, do I hear the head of the Yashiro Commission and Kamisato Clan, complaining and sulking?" [Reader] laughed.

Ayato pulled the hair strand he was holding harshly to halt her laughing.

He smirked innocently as he held the loose strand. "Oh dear, that must have hurt."

She rolled her eyes as she rubbed her throbbing scalp. "I swear if you have plans to use that for witchcraft, I'm murdering you."

Ayato mustered an eye-smile. "How bold, planning a crime against the head of the clan."

She laughed, settling down to a genuine smile. "I promise, Ayato. I'll be here with you in your next birthday."

Ayato noted how serious she looked, suddenly feeling the weight of the letter she gave in his inner pocket.