[42] The Stars' Design

July 6, 2023

Oh my freakingg gosh, this is the longest chapter I ever wrote.

Also I'm aware that Kaveh's birthday is still on the 9th of July, but I'm adding it on this chap because I won't be able to update that day.

Enjoy the chaos :D

Continue your travels?

-

[Yes] or [No]

.
.
.
.

Successfully picked the option yes!

Now loading...

------------

------------

Third Person POV

That evening, they spent hours and hours playing many duels of cards after eating a feasty dinner. In fact it was wayyy past midnight already when they finished.

Cyno ended up winning consecutive rounds until the very last minute of his birthday. Once satisfied, he was the first to suggest clearing out the mess and sleep after noticing that everyone was staying up this late to make him happy.

No one argued, and they silently moved around while thinking how euphoric it would be once they've finally landed on a soft mattress.

As others relish the thought, [Reader] was the only one among them unable to think of resting through the comfort that the hours of darkness brings.

Now that she has fulfilled her promise to be present in the celebration of Cyno's birthday, she finally had a minute to relax before everything began sinking in.

Everything that has happened up to date kept replaying on her head like clockwork, and she was restlessly moving around and cleaning what she could in hopes it would distract her mind.

Her heart felt heavy more than ever for a lot of reasons, and most of it was the emptiness she felt from being unable to remember the memories she wanted to know.

Guilt crept up on her for not knowing her history with Lumine and Val even if they said it wasn't her fault. Although some of her questions have been answered, more and more questions keep stacking up that she almost doesn't see any end to it. It felt like she keeps going backwards.

And now here she was, questioning her relationship with Celestine if she really was her sister. She hated just thinking about it, almost like she was betraying her clear memories of being with her sister.