Chapter 8 : Jealous?

"PRINCESS?!" The lady blurted and shakingly curtsied. "W-what a beautiful night isn't it?"

Freya threw a dirty look at her. "What's your name?"

The lady gulped. " Lady Penelope Von Carter, second born of Marquess Carter Princess."

"I see, you are with status." She stated. "What is the commotion about earlier?"

The ladies looked at one another, then  Lady Penelope answered. "She was being straight up disrespectful, Princess."

"And how so?"

"She began to interrupt our discussion when we don't even know her." She then continued.

"So? Does that give you the right to point out her title?" Freya stated. They've gone silent. "You know Lady Carter what if you had gone your title strip off, would you like people talk you down when freely stating your opinion?"

The other lady walked forward to spew more nonsense. "Princess forgive Lady Carter, that was her fault why Lady Carter had to say such things!"

"Are you ordering me to do so?" The lady was taken aback. "I don't you, it might be improper for me even say such things but I cannot stand you all for talking behind my back."

They all looked rather shocked, including Aurelia. "Yeah I heard it all, how I will never be able to change overnight and that you should not be deceived by me and such."

"Princess, forgive me I have—created a grave sin." She spurted out.

Unsatisfied she just glared at her and left them be. I'll he heading, thank you for everyone's time. Enjoy the rest of the evening."

Even Freya herself grew scared of what she just had done, now Aurelia knows her existence.

She felt someone following her and her guess was Aurelia, she isn't wrong as Aurelia did follow her. When there was only a few people left Freya stopped and faced Aurelia.

"Why are you following me?" She said in an irritated tone.

Aurelia lowered her gaze. "I'm sorry, I just want to thank the Princess personally."

"For what?"

"For standing up for me against those nobles who belittled me for being a Baron's daughter. . . No one has done that to me before." She said still looking down fidgeting her fingers.

Narrowed eyebrows Freya replied in a haste. "I didn't save you, I only addressed how they talked bad about me."

But Aurelia didn't think so, "I still want to thank the Princess for being so kind, I believe that you have changed."

"Okay well thanks." Then she left in a haste. Freya didn't want to talk to Aurelia as it would cause her problems.

AURELIA then went out to the Banquet to find the Prince himself. After looking quite some time she finally found the Prince walking, and as she was told to she ran so fast till she bumped to the Prince and fell on the ground.

She caught everyone's attention as she knelt before the Prince. "I apologize, Your Highness! Please forgive me!" she exclaimed, sounding on the verge of tears.

Her actions were risky. The Prince could either imprison her or let it slide. To succeed in her mission, she needed to appear admirable and innocent.

The Prince knelt to meet her gaze. "Are you alright?" he asked.

Aurelia's eyes sparkled at the sight of the charming and handsome Prince, and her heart began to race.

"I-Is Your Highness alright? Please forgive my wrong actions! I promise never to do it again!"

The Prince took her hand and helped her stand. "You seem to have a bruise on your knee. Let's get that patched up," he said, calling a nurse to assist her.

She was charmed by the Prince's kindness, feeling soft and admiring him more. After the nurse treated her bruise, they were left alone.

"Are you feeling better?" the Prince asked.

"I wasn't in pain, Your Highness, but I do feel much better now," she replied, looking straight into his eyes.

The crown Prince smiled warmly. "You shouldn't go off running around like that milady."

"Yes, that was wrong of me. I hope your highness would give me an ounce of mercy."

"You need not to worry about it, It was a mere accident no point of fretting over it." He replied.

Aurelia held his hand. "How can one be so kind and considerate, I would always be grateful for what you have your highness."

Before the Prince could respond, the door opened slightly, and Freya peeked in. Seeing the Prince and Aurelia sitting on the couch, she quickly closed the door.

"Oh shoot!" she muttered. The Prince, alarmed, opened the door to see Freya running away.

Fearing that Freya might think he was being unfaithful, the Prince chased after her. When he caught up, he held her hand and pulled her into a hug.

"Freya..." he called, tightening his arms around her as she pushed him away. "It's not what you think. I was merely helping her because she got bruised when she accidentally ran into me. Please don't misunderstand."

I ruined their mood. How is he supposed to fall in love with her if I keep interrupting? Stupid! To bully Aurelia, they need to have an affair!

"I'm seriously not thinking about anything. You should aid her!" she said, trying to break free from the Prince's embrace.

"No. You're clearly upset. I don't want you getting jealous of other women. I was just helping her treat her bruise. Please stop being mad..." he said softly.

Freya couldn't comprehend how much of a good man the Prince is, she felt bad for wanting to cut ties with him in the end. It seems that he'll never let her go in this way, this made her thought of a way that maybe she can make the Prince dislike her in any way.

"I am not mad! Stop hugging me now, please!" Freya said, struggling to push the Prince away.