Chapter 11 : Conditions

"Y-YOUR GRACE," Freya stuttered, addressing the Duke.

The Duke smirked. "Lady Freya Lavine Yeovil... You're quite a catch," he said, looking directly into her eyes. "Oh by the way, if you wish to see me come to this address."

Freya felt flustered by his gaze, as if it electrified her internal organs. "Well, uhm, we'll be leaving, Your Grace. Bye!" she said, running away and pulling Tia along with her.

"Milady!" Tia screamed in shock.

They stopped in a hallway and sat down, trying to catch their breath.

"Did... he follow us?" Freya asked, almost out of breath.

Tia looked behind them. "No, milady."

Freya knew that what she had done was instinctual. In her previous life, she had learned to run away from scary people. But in this case, she had run away out of plain embarrassment.

Tia facepalmed herself. "Gosh, now I've got to do something so he won't ruin me."

"Milady, the Duke is very kind. I know he won't ruin somebody just because of that," Tia said.

Freya thought of it for a while. "That is not possible, would you look at his face? It was nice talking to him before I knew who he really was."

Then at this moment, Freya examined the card the Grand Duke gave her. She thought of it weird, he knew she was the Crown Princess and yet he proceeded to give a lady his address.

"Weird."

"MILADY, I'm so glad you managed to persuade the Duke!" Tia said happily.

"I know, right? My skills are top-notch!" Freya boasted.

They were on their way to Grand Duke Vik Winston Bonavich's ducal estate, as Freya wanted him on her side. A man as powerful and influential as he was definitely needed as a backup for whatever might happen in the near future.

Upon reaching his manor, they were greeted by a very large mansion with a pastel blue and plain white color scheme, a dark blue roof, and beautiful landscaping at the front.

"I never knew the Duke also had a mansion this big in the North," Tia uttered.

"He should. He's related to the Imperial family, after all," Freya replied.

The guards greeted them and even helped Freya get down from the carriage. They didn't question their sudden appearance at the Grand Duke's estate.

"Good day, Lady Yeovil. I'm Carlos, the duchy's butler. His Grace has been expecting you. Please follow me," the butler said.

Freya proceeded to follow the butler to what she guessed was the Duke's meeting room. As Freya went in, Tia was left outside with the butler, as she wasn't allowed in her lady's private meetings.

"Lady Yeovil, I see you've decided to meet me as soon as possible," the Duke said.

Freya sat across from him. "I wanted to apologize for what happened the other day. I've learned from my mistakes."

The Duke scoffed. "My, my, I didn't expect the lady to be like this. After you ran away from me."

Freya turned red with embarrassment. Why does he have to mention that? I apologized!

"Well, I was in a hurry. Forgive me for my lack of manners at the time."

"Still, you're engaged to the Imperial Prince. That would bring total disgrace to your family name if I were to spread news about that intimate part," the Duke said, making Freya's eyes widen.

Freya caught up, he was trying to blackmail her. She thought of it as a mistake to even ask but how could she? His hair was one of a kind.

"Pardon?"

The Duke smirked and chuckled. "You know what I meant."

Freya stood up, ready to throw a punch at him but thought better of it and sat back down. She couldn't comprehend why would the Grand Duke blackmail her like that.

"Are you rethinking the events?" The man asked smirking meticulously.

Glaring at him Freya took a deep breath. "I have place myself in the hell hole, great. What do you want?"

The Grand Duke stood up and went to stand by the window. "Simply form an alliance with me."

"Alliance with you?" She was confused, though that is also the reason why she came personally to the Grand Duke's Manor.

He nodded. "You heard it right, I'll help you break off from your engagement with the Crown Prince. It's a gain for you."

Freya couldn't help but thought of it for a while. This is happening quite faster than she thought, first she dug her own hole to fall into, now she is being offered an alliance. It was all too much for her.

"And what is it for you?"

It went silent for a brief second. Then the Grand Duke turned around. "I simply after the crown. I won't ask you the reason as to why you want to break off your engagement with him but I offer you an alliance with me."

"I don't clearly understand, you seem to think that I can help." Freya added.

"I do, you can help me big time. Bigger than you thought." Still, Freya wasn't able to grasp it all in.

The Grand Duke then sat on the table just infront of her making her fluster. "Your Grace. ?"

The Grand Duke swiftly leaned closer to her. "Shh, keep quite for a second."

"Why–" She couldn't finish it off after the Grand Duke had kissed her.

She was all red from blushing. "W-what the hell was that?"

He could only chuckle after seeing her react to what he just did. "That was to seal our alliance."

Jaw dropped Freya was in shock, he stood up and looked at her once more. "I would like you to be my bride soon after I become the Emperor."

She wasn't really against it nor she agreed to any of it. It was more as if she was lost, she didn't want to hurt Zavier by doing this but to her this might just be the way.

Perhaps she can use the Grand Duke for now and maybe ditch him in the near future after she's done with him. Obviously she doesn't want to get involved with such treason.